Travis

GRRR! Kicking Myself Now!
incumuse
incumuse Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:08 AM Quote
I saw Dougie walking around Plymouth last Saturday
(wearing his pink shoes) and I didn't take the opportunity to go say hello. How am i going to live with myself now? lol.

I didn't really know what I would have said and I didn't want to piss him off if he was trying to shop, but I do wish now that I had taken my chances and plucked up the courage.

I even had to physically stop my mother from going over to him, but that's mainly because she would have called him Fran.

Re: GRRR! Kicking Myself Now!
PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:44 AM Quote
loool yea u deff should have gone over but im happy i have pics with them lol but i wud b cryin if i missed out lol

incumuse
incumuse Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:55 AM Quote
oh piss it

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:46 AM Quote
I wouldn't have either. I'd have been like 'wait....is that.....?' and by the time it crossed my mind to go over he'd have got home, made a cup of tea and gone to bed. And I'd still be standing there looking confused.

anace
anace Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 8:34 AM Quote
^^ I wouldn't have.. I would've been to nervous/scared/shocked probably it would've been rather embarassing

still I'm sorry for you

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 8:56 AM Quote
that where i saw the band, outside the gig in plymouth, and i took me ages to realise that it was definately them, only andy and doug were there first, eventually i went over and got record signed and photos and was luck enough to be invited in for sound check, so my advise is dont hesitate, go for it next time

incumuse
incumuse Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:45 AM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
that where i saw the band, outside the gig in plymouth, and i took me ages to realise that it was definately them, only andy and doug were there first, eventually i went over and got record signed and photos and was luck enough to be invited in for sound check, so my advise is dont hesitate, go for it next time

Next time eh? ha ha i'm never that lucky, still thats some nice positive thinking

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:56 AM Quote
You are all aware these are just people...they're just guys no better or worse than you or I...I have no idea why you think that all day they walk around they want to hear "Hi I'm a big fan of yours, sign this, take a photo, tell me this blah blah blah"
By doing that surely you completely put yourself below them...

incumuse
incumuse Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:26 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
You are all aware these are just people...they're just guys no better or worse than you or I...I have no idea why you think that all day they walk around they want to hear "Hi I'm a big fan of yours, sign this, take a photo, tell me this blah blah blah"

Well, i'm fully aware that he is in fact a person. He is a person I wish I could say I had met, but didn't have the guts. Besides I wouldn't have been talking to him for his pleasure, it all would have been for me!

And if going up to Dougie Payne is something that would put me down then I would have one easy life.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:38 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:

I don't agree that showing an appreciation of someone's work should automatically put you below them.

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:18 PM Quote
yea threre all people preeeeeeeeeety obv really but there fucking awsume people and real travis fans would be proud to be able to say weve met them and they have more of a impact u wouldent get some 1 running up to u in the street would you...?..................didnt think so.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:46 PM Quote
incumuse wrote:
I saw Dougie walking around Plymouth last Saturday
(wearing his pink shoes) and I didn't take the opportunity to go say hello. How am i going to live with myself now? lol.

I didn't really know what I would have said and I didn't want to piss him off if he was trying to shop, but I do wish now that I had taken my chances and plucked up the courage.

I even had to physically stop my mother from going over to him, but that's mainly because she would have called him Fran.

Yeah, I'd kinda feel like I'd just be bugging him when he just want to get on with what he's doing, lol. I mean, from our point of view it's just one occasion, but to them it probably happens all the time. Although admittedly, Dougie isn't an A-list celebrity (no offence Doug http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif), so at least he wouldn't get recognised everywhere. One advantage of being a member of the Invisible Band.

incumuse
incumuse Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:25 PM Quote
why oh why!!! didn't I just go up to him?!!!! whats the worst that could have happened? I could be sitting here feeling proud of myself like all you lucky people who have met them

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
Oh Incumuse ...I do sympathise ...It doesn't get any better with age either :( ...I would be exactly the same , scared of interuputing his privacy and not wanting to appear like a nerd , trying to keep yours and his respecto for his private life. Well I rekon there is one thing ..If dougsie is wearing pink shoes then hes up for it !! Bit late now I know ! Was he alone? If Id plucked it ,I'd have asked him for a coffee , can only say no...Ohhhh askin for rejection!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
incumuse wrote:

Lmao!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:50 PM