Travis

Re: Read Dougie's Diaries Series Two Here!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
Ha! I was right. The gong does have a big gong case. Get it on!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
A very good gong indeed. A gonging day really ..Well everyone should go gong a long to diary 8. Gonging off for now :-)

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 5:16 PM Quote

who are Nick and Dave?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
Sounds great and i do hope they have time for experimenting. Some b sides maybe. And come on guys, what about Lola!?

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
"The Travis web team has arrived so we playback 5 of the tunes"

i think the 5 songs are chinese blues, something anything, long way down, quite free and before you were young.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Quote:

At the end of the song franny reckons it should be like an extended non stop drum fill.
So, as we have three kits set up, Neil, Fran and myself go in and play them all at once with Nick of course gonging away like the rank film man himself (loincloth notwithstanding). It's incredibly loud and very good fun and we have a strawberry fieldsesque rythm track in no time.

This sounds AWESOME!!!!!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:22 AM Quote
Day 8 added to the main post.

Dougie wrote:
At the end of the song Franny reckons it should be like an extended non stop drum fill.
So, as we have three kits set up, Neil, Fran and myself go in and play them all at once with Nick of course gonging away like the rank film man himself (loincloth notwithstanding). It's incredibly loud and very good fun and we have a strawberry fieldsesque rythm track in no time.

Dougie on the drums, as well as Neil, and Fran.. can't wait to hear the results!
(As long as Dougie plays better than 1 min 14 secs into this video from the Singles DVD in Abbey Road..

mili
mili Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
Day 9 in!

http://www.travisonline.com/band/?id=161&p=1

"Have a very pleasant walk into the studio which takes me along Abbey Road and past all the tourists holding up the traffic at that zebra crossing. "

I wonder if the tourists recognice him, I'd be more thrilled to see Dougie than Abbey Road studios.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
haha, "Hey Dougie, can you take the photo of me and my pals on the crosswalk"?!

I might dig out my old photos when I get home. I visited Abbey Road a few years ago and did exactly that. (Minus the famous person photographing).

lol'd at the 'went to bed mildly confused'!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
haha, "Hey Dougie, can you take the photo of me and my pals on the crosswalk"?!

I might dig out my old photos when I get home. I visited Abbey Road a few years ago and did exactly that. (Minus the famous person photographing).

lol'd at the 'went to bed mildly confused'!

Haha. I can see him in my mind. Having a glass of water and then 'shaaaake' and him just standing there looking into space for 10 seconds! I like the last line "Goodness."

Sounds great. I love the sound of the choir. Very Musey! It's going to make that song i believe. J. Smith is a good song but that bit could turn it into a great song. Very exciting! :)

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
Dougies diaries need more Q&A's from the board. Some proper interaction from us boardies. Like the last series.

First person to think of a question start a "Dougies Diary Questions" thread. And lets DEMAND ANSWERS! haha!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Dougie has a very good knack of enabling imagination from his notes. I can see it all like a film in my mind.

Haha , especially the kitchen lol....I wonder if he thought it was poltergeist ! 'Goodness' - Classic!

I think his pic of the Gong is ace .I have to say I am rather taken with this Gong , its like a friendly pet, it should have a name . Nice to see the drum kit close up :-)

I am not listening to the tube versions of these songs , I am going to wait for the album as the memory from the Gig is wonderful and I love the anticipation of the new album.

Thanks Dougie

mili
mili Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
Day 10 is in

http://www.travisonline.com/band/?id=162&p=1

with invitation to ask questions.

Dougie had a day of appointments, dentist and midwife, both to be seen again.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Day 9 & Day 10 added to the main post.

Dougie wrote:
Face is numb as an old shoe. Ballbags.

Class description as usual Dougie! I hope your mouth feels OK soon.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Day 11 is up! The choir is going to make J. Smith sound incredible. I can't wait. Only 2 songs on the album i'm unsure of. Brilliant stuff! :)

Look forward to his answers tomorrow.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:33 AM