ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
rosewood body Teles ! heavier then all hell but BEAUTIFUL

Re: A blonde tele...
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
monkey wrote:
i didn't think anyone could top such a bad joke but you managed it lol :)

*blush* thank you!

Now Absy is jealous!

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
Yeah I was looking for someone blonde. I was thinking maybe it was a new nickname for Dougie? Lol. But then I saw the guitar. :D
Anyone care to take a stab at my natural hair color? And cue the dumb blond jokes.

The assistant asked the blonde if she would like her pizza cut into six pieces or twelve.

"Six please" she said, "I could never eat twelve!"

Hahaha XD

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
rosewood body Teles ! heavier then all hell but BEAUTIFUL

Good call

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
I noticed Frans Tele right away. Nice instrument, but weird to see Fran without his old sunburst..

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
I noticed Frans Tele right away. Nice instrument, but weird to see Fran without his old sunburst..

If he doesn't want it any more, my arms are wide open for it!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing - Fran if you're planning to go all jazzmaster on us, I can take your old tele of your hands. I promise I give it a good home with plenty of TLC ;-)

I keep telling myself that someday I'll learn how to play properly and get myself a real tele.. Never mind the model, but it has to be sunburst :-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
paul_c wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing - Fran if you're planning to go all jazzmaster on us, I can take your old tele of your hands. I promise I give it a good home with plenty of TLC ;-)

I keep telling myself that someday I'll learn how to play properly and get myself a real tele.. Never mind the model, but it has to be sunburst :-)

The one i bought at the time they told me they didn't do it in sunburst. I went back to the same store a few months later, and there it was- the same guitar in sunburst for £10 cheaper! Damn

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 9:31 AM Quote
It always creeps me out a little when I hear people go on about models of instruments, I mean surely if one is a compitent musician it shouldn't matter that much what you play the tune on, it's the tune that matters, I mean look at all the old blues players using basically anything they can, Seasick Steve for instance only has three strings on his guitar. That said I can understand that obviously you want it to sound the best it can but sometimes it becomes just a bit "anorakky/trainspotty" for me.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
Hey Paul ever see someone with a B-bender tele ?

Invented by Clarence White before he joined the Byrds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puTsyjH-Zfw

http://www.chrisguitars.com/fen96tele-bbender-sb.jpg

http://andrew.d-pad.co.jp/GTR/C1/Gbbt01B.jpg

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
It always creeps me out a little when I hear people go on about models of instruments, I mean surely if one is a compitent musician it shouldn't matter that much what you play the tune on, it's the tune that matters, I mean look at all the old blues players using basically anything they can, Seasick Steve for instance only has three strings on his guitar. That said I can understand that obviously you want it to sound the best it can but sometimes it becomes just a bit "anorakky/trainspotty" for me.

Dubz

I like the way they're all far too absorbed in telecaster-worship to notice us mocking them. We could have a long conversation about anorak-ness and they wouldn't hear a word. :D

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 17 Feb, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
if you don't understand it, criticize it - old art school expression

sure it doesn't matter what the instrument is in a way but also some instruments feel right others don't . mid 60's gibson necks fit my hands perfect , thats why I like em

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:55 PM