Travis

Re: clay :)
lulu07
lulu07 Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

There's a difference between talking about clay (and to be honest he doesn't talk that much as far as i've noticed) and wanting some paparazzi guy intruding on their private life

Quote:
"I think it will only be a matter of time until one will be walking with him when he's a little older some photographer will snap a pic"

I think they will, geez you post an opinion on the board and people twist your words, the person who posted this thought it would be nice for peets sake

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Obviously, I think we all respect Fran's decision either way and I agree that it's just natural for fans to be interested. I don't find that "creepy" at all.

your totally right where does creepy come in to the equation :s

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:29 PM Quote

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

There's a difference between talking about clay (and to be honest he doesn't talk that much as far as i've noticed) and wanting some paparazzi guy intruding on their private
life

Quote:
"I think it will only be a matter of time until one will be walking with him when he's a little older some photographer will snap a pic"

I think they will, geez you post an opinion on the board and people twist your words, the person who posted this thought it would be nice for peets sake

thank u haha =)

Re: Wasn't beatle babe who posted, it was me
PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sorry folks, wasn't beatle babe who posted the above, twas me. (accident, sorry)

Right but you also have to see this from a publicity point of view. Don't you think that Fran is in more of a respectable position not exploiting his own son just to make his fans happy? Also, the press probably have fairly limited pictures (if any) of his son, and I doubt he'd want to start sending them willy nily just to please you lot.
If/when any of you have children, I'm sure you'd just LOVE a whole bunch of people who constantly proclaim their love for you and all their dreams about meeting you to see pictures and see the identity and worsen your already huge cases of sychophantia.

your quite a big twat really taking peoples words and twisting them n making it sound like were saying there better then us we aint sayin that were sayin we would like to c frans baby i dont c the big deal ur obv so bored ur just blabin a load of shit dwn n fran wouldent b exploiting him to fans he would be a proud father showing his fans a pic .

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
flower_in_the_window wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Actually, let's ask someone who has a kid (anyone who has, answer!)...

You've got a kid. If you were "in the limelight" as Fran is, would you want everyone to know what you're little boy or girl looked like, just cos they're "fans"? I don't think you would

As someone with a kid, I would have to say that I wouldn't want everyone knowing....
:)

Was hoping you'd pop up again. I was going to direct the question to you, but i didn't know if you wanted everyone to know. Just in case they start asking for pictures :P

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
[quote="Guitarist"] it happens to be the child of her idol, fran. why would u wana see a nobodies baby? its cos its fran healys.

Thats quite a contradiction you got goin there...
Amd just because Travis compose songs, that makes them a somebody...but everyone else is a nobody...great...some people ACTUALLY acheive things...

seriously? are u deranged. why would u wana see a nobodies baby? by that i mean they mean nothing to me cos i dont no em nor have they affected my life in their profession. ie. music, literature, art and sport. i dont wana see frans baby, but i can understand others wanting to see a cute lil baby whos father happens to make music they adore.

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:

OK, don't you find it just a little creepy that you want to know what the infant child of a person who you don't know personally and therefore doesn't know you, to whom you are not related in any way, and who you could scare away with your punctuation and spelling looks like?

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

OK, don't you find it just a little creepy that you want to know what the infant child of a person who you don't know personally and therefore doesn't know you, to whom you are not related in any way, and who you could scare away with your punctuation and spelling looks like?

Thank god someone with sense! I believe the term is 'clouded vision' - basically, they can't see anything wrong with being a fan - (fanatic) of someone in the first place, so they can't see the problem with publically posting on a forum that the band members look at about being desperate to see a 'cute lil baby'. I wouldn't want to see a 'nobodys' baby any more than I would wanna see Travis' children...thats precisely my point. Its just a child of a person...a child who probably is scarecely aware of his fathers 'achievements' - in any case, if you want to get to the nitgty gritty, Clay is not a member of travis, and therefore surely should be directed in the non-travis discussion forum? :) (PS that wasn't all directed at you lol)

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

Thank god someone with sense! I believe the term is 'clouded vision' - basically, they can't see anything wrong with being a fan - (fanatic) of someone in the first place, so they can't see the problem with publically posting on a forum that the band members look at about being desperate to see a 'cute lil baby'. I wouldn't want to see a 'nobodys' baby any more than I would wanna see Travis' children...thats precisely my point. Its just a child of a person...a child who probably is scarecely aware of his fathers 'achievements' - in any case, if you want to get to the nitgty gritty, Clay is not a member of travis, and therefore surely should be directed in the non-travis discussion forum? :) (PS that wasn't all directed at you lol)

just leave it out this is acctualy getting pathetic its acctually quite funny

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

Creepy is all I have to say. If some people are so keen to get a glimpse of the Travis babies, why don't they pester the band to release a sample of their other 'children', their songs(according to Fran might I add)? Why don't they post creepy comments like "It won't be too long before the paparazzi shoots a video of Fran in the shower singing the song 'Needle In The Haystack'"?

*ahem*

And, since Clay is related to Fran, he is thus Travis-related, and therefore this thread is posted in the right board :)

EDIT: Eye Of The Needle, dammit! *slaps head*

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:35 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

yea i know but its just a baby people see our babys so whats the diff with seeing frans coz i thought u sed wer all equall

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:38 PM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

yea i know but its just a baby people see our babys so whats the diff with seeing frans coz i thought u sed wer all equall

If you want to see a picture of "just a baby", there are tons on the internet.

And I thought you thought this was pathetic, and that you were going to leave it.

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:
la femme qui wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

If you want to see a picture of "just a baby", there are tons on the internet.

And I thought you thought this was pathetic, and that you were going to leave it.

you no exactly wat i mean some people really make a big deal out of nothing bless em. n i was but some twat keeps diggin in deeper as soon as a rite ya kno its as if hes sitting there waiting 4 me to reply

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
This is crazy! What's the big deal with wanting to see a picture of Fran's baby? Ok, so they don't know him personally, but they're a fan of the band! Jesus.

Like I said...either way Fran decides is his business. Personally, I probably wouldn't want my child's face plastered all over the Internet but obviously Fran is OK with showing fans pictures of Clay after shows so he's probably a proud Papa!

PLUS he wrote a damn song about him that's on the album, so it's natural for people to be interested.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:22 AM
Thread Locked