yes, you have a very good imagination

i dnt get that haha

that paul c has a good imagination

Re: clay :)
flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Quote:
sorry i must be missin somethin wat the FUCK is creepy?

Well, Fran's personal life is separate from his public life as a musician. And i think, if it was me, i'd want to keep the two that way- separate. And since we're fans of his music, then we shouldn't have to know what his baby son looks like.

It's not a personal attack against you or anyone else. I just think that's a bit creepy, and i think i'd be weirded out if it was people i didn't know wanting to see what my son looked like

Well said matey.
With ya on that one.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 6:21 PM Quote
Possibly the first time anyone's ever agreed with me on here! lol

Cheers K :)

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 5:07 AM Quote
The fact that's you're failing to recognise what we find creepy about this whole thread is EXACTLY what we think is creepy.

It's Nora and Fran's business if they want pictures of Clay in the press and it seems fairly clear that they don't and quite rightly want to shield him from any intrusion.

The fact that people think that Fran's personal life is part and parcel of Travis and it's not unreasonable to be privy to it just because you're a 'Travis fan' is quite frankly worrying

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 10:26 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
The fact that's you're failing to recognise what we find creepy about this whole thread is EXACTLY what we think is creepy.

It's Nora and Fran's business if they want pictures of Clay in the press and it seems fairly clear that they don't and quite rightly want to shield him from any intrusion.

The fact that people think that Fran's personal life is part and parcel of Travis and it's not unreasonable to be privy to it just because you're a 'Travis fan' is quite frankly worrying

We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

Wasn't beatle babe who posted, it was me
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 11:26 AM Quote
Sorry folks, wasn't beatle babe who posted the above, twas me. (accident, sorry)

Right but you also have to see this from a publicity point of view. Don't you think that Fran is in more of a respectable position not exploiting his own son just to make his fans happy? Also, the press probably have fairly limited pictures (if any) of his son, and I doubt he'd want to start sending them willy nily just to please you lot.
If/when any of you have children, I'm sure you'd just LOVE a whole bunch of people who constantly proclaim their love for you and all their dreams about meeting you to see pictures and see the identity and worsen your already huge cases of sychophantia.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 2:24 PM Quote
It's like what Andy said, the fact that we find it creepy but you can't see why is the creepy part

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 2:26 PM Quote
Actually, let's ask someone who has a kid (anyone who has, answer!)...

You've got a kid. If you were "in the limelight" as Fran is, would you want everyone to know what you're little boy or girl looked like, just cos they're "fans"? I don't think you would

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
We KNOW it's their personal life, but if it's that personal then why is Fran always telling us about him and as a fan it's natural to want to see this stuff we don't want to drool over him just see a pic and that be it

There's a difference between talking about clay (and to be honest he doesn't talk that much as far as i've noticed) and wanting some paparazzi guy intruding on their private life

Quote:
"I think it will only be a matter of time until one will be walking with him when he's a little older some photographer will snap a pic"

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 3:55 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

You've got a kid. If you were "in the limelight" as Fran is, would you want everyone to know what you're little boy or girl looked like, just cos they're "fans"? I don't think you would

Here Here. Mind you I did just say that...:P

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
I'm not a parent but as a matter of personal opinion, right now if I was Fran i'd be fairly worried that someone is using my sons name and has posted a thread on a public messaging board on the internet under my son's name and are actually arguing AGAINST the fact that thats creepy...funny its always the same ones on here that are this deranged...

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

As someone with a kid, I would have to say that I wouldn't want everyone knowing....
:)

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 5:29 PM Quote
i think pipe dreams just wants to see a cute lil baby. nothing creepy bout that..and it happens to be the child of her idol, fran. why would u wana see a nobodies baby? its cos its fran healys. and i dont think she is papprazzi so she aint gonna fucking splash it over heat magazine is she? anyway...can we talk bout their beautiful music?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
Obviously, I think we all respect Fran's decision either way and I agree that it's just natural for fans to be interested. I don't find that "creepy" at all.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
Guitarist wrote:
it happens to be the child of her idol, fran. why would u wana see a nobodies baby? its cos its fran healys.

Thats quite a contradiction you got goin there...
Amd just because Travis compose songs, that makes them a somebody...but everyone else is a nobody...great...some people ACTUALLY acheive things...

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:47 AM
Thread Locked