Travis

Petition to release Sailing Away
choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
was at the Nottingham gig last night. and Fran said this was 1 of the songs the band love, really wanted it to be a single but the record company said no. Fran even said it was something he wishes he could do if he could turn back time.

Personally I loved this song from the first chord and really think Travis should release it.

If its true that you left your record label (or management), releasing Sailing away would have a slightly ironic meaning to it.

So if anyone agrees that it should be released too, lets hear it

Re: Petition to release Sailing Away
JohnSmith
JohnSmith Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
He said that in Portsmouth too.

*signed*

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 11:10 AM Quote

*signed* for the release of Sailing Away as single

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
I know this probably isn't the place for general discussion and all, but I think it'd lessen the impact of the new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I love Sailing Away (I took great pleasure in digging my girlfriend in the ribs right on the bit where Fran makes the 'BUG OW!' bit before the guitar solo, simple things and simple minds, heh) but it feels like they're going somewhere else now.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
It depends when they plan to release their first single from the new album. If it's not going to be until the latter half of the year, then *signed*. Otherwise, I think it's too late to start releasing more stuff from TBWNN.

Personally, I'd like to see another stand-alone single like Coming Around.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Go forwards, not backwards.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:24 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I know this probably isn't the place for general discussion and all, but I think it'd lessen the impact of the new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I love Sailing Away (I took great pleasure in digging my girlfriend in the ribs right on the bit where Fran makes the 'BUG OW!' bit before the guitar solo, simple things and simple minds, heh) but it feels like they're going somewhere else now.

Most definately!! I loved Sailing Away , I think we all did but it would have to be a quickie b4 the new Album as the new Album is just gonna blow your minds hats and socks off!!

I just got back and will write my review shortly although I wont beat Estebans! :-)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:38 PM Quote

release it NOW !! *signed*

Sina:)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:50 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Go forwards, not backwards.

Concise and correct. I don't see any value in releasing it now that they've dragged themselves round 5 cities in 7 days showcasing a new sound, and looking at the buzz that's come off the new tracks, it's definitely time to move on.

Security blankets, and that.

elodie
elodie Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
*signed* It's a song that I immediatly loved the first time that I heard it (and believe, it's quite rare!)
so it could be a good single even if Travis are now currently working on their new album

heich
heich Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
i'll love to see sailing away as a single

but if they truly are not with sony anymore there must be a little bit difficult to release it...im guessing sony has certain power over the tracks so it might be difficult to release it

but they could release an EP before they release the next album...maybe they can record one song and put it out on the EP along with some live versions of these recent club shows

Imagine something like this:

1. NEW SONG
2. Sailing Away
3. More Than Us
4. Funny Thing

any song but side, sing, writing to reach you and all those kinds of songs we can listen to at any bootleg

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
*signed*

Sailing Away is a beautiful song.
I think, has the level to be a good Travis single.

If you purchase TBWNN vinyl you can get a nice Sailing Away hidden vinyl...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
No, not now. The new stuff is awesome (I was at Nottingham)so why release an old song in the future, especially when the new stuff is so exciting. Obviously i need to hear the songs more to be absolutely sure but if what they've been playing is the exact album (i'm guessing it is) it is going to be a brilliant album. Possibly the best album Travis have released. It is all merged in my mind at the moment but i know what i heard was 90% brilliant.

SO EXCITING TO BE A TRAVIS FAN!!!!!

I also met Dougie, Neil and Andy on the way to the venue. I thought "i recognise you" and then it clicked in my mind. lol I turned back, asked for a photo and woo hoo! :) Didn't get to meet Fran but i hope to one day. Got some great photos of him on stage though. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
It depends when they plan to release their first single from the new album. If it's not going to be until the latter half of the year, then *signed*. Otherwise, I think it's too late to start releasing more stuff from TBWNN.

Personally, I'd like to see another stand-alone single like Coming Around.

I agree with your last point but i don't think we'll get one this time with them recording the album next week, i think they'll be wanting to get the album out as soon as they're back to work. But with this new found awesomeness that they've found, i wouldn't be surprised if we get a single only song after album 6. Think about it, we had one after album 2, after album 4... :) Would be a great little bridge between album 6 and 7.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 8:24 AM Quote
maybe I'm not awake yet but which whas the single only song between album 4 and 5 ? *scratches head*

edit: Love will come Through that's it right ? lol

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:18 AM