Travis

Re: Quiting smocking?
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 1:37 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
i'm trying as well and i cant!! we should ask Fran how he did it... 2 years non smoking!! he's completely my hero!! hahaha

Get a prescription for Chantix. I can't stress it enuogh, CHANTIX! I know several people including myself who have quit by taking this!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
In other words: it's like losing weight. Many people make many attempts and fail, but they do succeed once they worked out a way to break their eating habits and replace them with healthier habits.

Yes exactly. It's about making a choice every day (sometimes it feels like every minute) about choosing what you know is best for you vs. what feels good in the moment but ultimately isn't good for you.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
Pregnancy!! Very convincing and I finally managed to quit after 24 years of addiction...!! I just hope I won't start again when baby arrives very very soon.
Welcome to the board btw Aude, enconre une française c'est bien!!

Aude
Aude Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
If you really want to quit you will. The question is: Do you want to and can you see yourself going the rest of your life without a ciggie? Its not a matter of stopping smoking its a matter of giving up an addiction. Its hard and if you really want to stop you will. You werent born a smoker.

Mind over matter, heh? Maybe your right. But sometimes will can't make it all, I don't talk about me but about very serious addiction.
sorry angel wrote:
Pregnancy!! Very convincing and I finally managed to quit after 24 years of addiction...!! I just hope I won't start again when baby arrives very very soon.
Welcome to the board btw Aude, enconre une française c'est bien!!

Yeah, well, first let's find a father and wait a few years to "plant new seeds" :). I'm a bit too young for this, and a bit too single :D .But, yes, it would definetly make me stop smocking
Thks for the welcome! Is there a lot of french in here?

I'll look after some chantix if it helps! But what is it made with?

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 12:00 PM Quote
I think you'll find there are quite a few French people on here which is great! I don't count because I'm just in disguise, haha!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Aude wrote:

Thks for the welcome! Is there a lot of french in here?

Quite a few indeed but not too many although a few have joinded in the past year which is cool! I'm near Avignon.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I think you'll find there are quite a few French people on here which is great! I don't count because I'm just in disguise, haha!

You're english and your husband french?

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yep, that's right! I love living in France but I enjoy coming on here to chat in English (gives me a break from thinking about verbs,lol)

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
sorry angel wrote:
deebee wrote:

Yep, that's right! I love living in France but I enjoy coming on here to chat in English (gives me a break from thinking about verbs,lol)

Haha! Where do you live then?

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
We're just outside St Etienne in a small town. Having been used to living in Brighton for years, it took a bit of time to adjust to smalltown living. No seaside, no decent nightlife, no taxis!!! I'm getting there now but I'm getting older too so maybe that's got something to do with it.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
We're just outside St Etienne in a small town. Having been used to living in Brighton for years, it took a bit of time to adjust to smalltown living. No seaside, no decent nightlife, no taxis!!! I'm getting there now but I'm getting older too so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Taxis are rubbish in this country and it does annoy me how they all went on stike this week to complain about a "possible" change in their organisation to provide better customer service...!
I'm near Avignon in Vaucluse.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
Nice place to live. We can never find a taxi when we need one here so I always end up chauffeuring my husband home!!!!

iraida
iraida Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
I´ll tell you some hints if you give me some to avoid hangovers ;)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Here's the website for the miracle drug... http://www.chantix.com

They say to take it for 3 months, however, I only did for 3 weeks. It got me over the first part and I believe that's all I needed. I've tried everything out there and besides the time I was either pregnant or nursing, chantix is the only thing that has worked. Good luck

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
I would like to quit smoking... but i don´t know how to... so since i also have no shape, and haven´t exercised for decades, i decided to start running up and down my avenue every other day for almost two weeks now.

Just a little bit, stopping whenever i cross the pain-line!, and walking when i just couldn´t breath lol... for some it will be a pitiful effort, but one thing is for sure: after i come back from running, my body doesn´t ask me for cigarrettes for some hours, so that´s a start!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:00 PM