Travis

Yay! It's Pancake Day tomorrow!
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
So who's having pancakes tomorrow? And what will you be having them with? Good old lemon and sugar is still my favourite!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Politics/Pix/pictures/2002/02/12/pancakes2.jpg

Re: Yay! It's Pancake Day tomorrow!
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
Oooooh is it?!?!?!?!?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemon and sugar all the way

:D :D :D :D

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:44 PM Quote

not me :/ i miss me mam's pancakes, we'd put strawberry jam into them, roll 'em up and down the hatch they'd go. ahhh, memories.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
haz wrote:

not me :/ i miss me mam's pancakes, we'd put strawberry jam into them, roll 'em up and down the hatch they'd go. ahhh, memories.

:( Aw, can't you make them yourself? Better than not having any at all, even if they're not quite like your mam's?

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
I'm not, but I had pancake day twice last week ;) It's good food for a poor broke student

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
haz wrote:

:( Aw, can't you make them yourself? Better than not having any at all, even if they're not quite like your mam's?

me bake/cook something? we'd be homeless i'm afraid, total care-in-the-community when it comes to the oven me.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
We have breakfast for dinner more often than I should admit. I do love me some pancakes. Had some strawberry ones (at a restaurant) last week and louder than I meant to expressed how good they were. oops.

Happy to know there is a whole day devoted to them over there.

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
We have breakfast for dinner more often than I should admit. I do love me some pancakes. Had some strawberry ones (at a restaurant) last week and louder than I meant to expressed how good they were. oops.

Happy to know there is a whole day devoted to them over there.

shrove tuesday (or pancake tuesday) is what it's called over there. the pancakes they have at home are a bit different than the ones we have here (i.e. the pancakes are really, really thin, almost like a crepe).

yeah it troubles me too that i know what a crepe is.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
So you don't celebrate Shrove Tuesday in the States?? Well, I wouldn't say I celebrate Shrove Tuesday cos I'm not religious but I just like having a good excuse to stuff myself with pancakes! Oh yeah, I forgot that your pancakes are thicker than ours too, ours are very thin, like crepes!!

haz
haz Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:01 PM Quote

mardi gras is the big one over here down in new orleans. although there's a lot of ash on foreheads here the day afte for ash wednesday. been a long time since i've had some ash on the forehead i can tell you. easy!!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
We have something similar in Poland- but it was last Thursday and we eat doughnuts.

Btw, I love pancakes! mmm...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
Ahem,
Tomorrow would usually be my favorite Holiday, free pancake day @ IHOP. BUT since tomorrow is Super Tuesday IHOP has decided to delay it a week so we can all fulfill our civil duties and vote. And all of the IHOP's in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area are either in Maryland or Virginia. Phooey. But it's not really recognized as a holiday here, pancake day that is.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
haz wrote:
yeah it troubles me too that i know what a crepe is.

Crepes are yummy too.

I knew they were a little different but still good.

Yeah, tomorrow is about voting and indulging before Lent. No pancake celebrations here.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Oh I forgot about the pancakes!! Gotta get me some pancakes tomorrow :o) The real ones, like Haz described, not those little cake-like things people eat in the States :oP

I prefer mine plain with sugar :o)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Feb, 2008 8:59 PM Quote

In certain areas of the US (around here because of the Polish influence of Hamtramck, Michigan) we have Paczki Day.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:52 PM