Travis

Re: Live Together, Die Alone: The Official LOST Thread
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
I'm with Moray on this one, someone gave me the 1st series when I was in hospital last year.

As far as I could tell it was just a series of badly put together "Cliffhangers" that aren't particularly well written or acted.

In fact I get the distinct feeling it's Soap Opera masquerading as Drama.

It's like Prison Break or 24, they cannot just let a good idea die, I mean this guys has been breaking out of prison for 3 series now wtf??, Escape from Alcatraz was only 2 hours long and that was 30mins too much. And as for Jack Bawbag how bad can one man's life be, Great Idea we'll follow one man through the worst 24 hours of his life!! So was season 2 the worstest, season 3 the worser, Season 4 worserer, Season 5 even worstester. Get a feckin' Grip!!!

basically it's sh!t.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
How can you guys still face watching LOST?! I couldn't deal with following a TV show who's sole rasion d'etre has been to confuse the viewer for the duration! And it's not getting any simpler!

And you know when it finshes, it'll either end in a really ambiguous WTF?! kind of a way. Or you'll be like "Awww. Oh. Is that really it?".

Plus I totally get the feeling like they are making it up as they go along! Like manatee's with the beach balls that write Family Guy!!!

They are asking more questions but the producers really do have a plan and know all the answers to all the stuff they throw out there. Partly why they haven't given up as much as you would like is that they weren't sure how long the series was going to go on for so they weren't sure how to pace themselves.

Now that they've made the deal to do 3 more seasons (16 eps each)they can start showing their hand more. Of course it's still a ways to go to the end so they will keep opening up new cans of worms.

I expect more of "whoah" and less of WTF at the end.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
I thought this is suppose to be the final season ? Isn't that what they said before ?

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

They are asking more questions but the producers really do have a plan and know all the answers to all the stuff they throw out there. Partly why they haven't given up as much as you would like is that they weren't sure how long the series was going to go on for so they weren't sure how to pace themselves.

Now that they've made the deal to do 3 more seasons (16 eps each)they can start showing their hand more. Of course it's still a ways to go to the end so they will keep opening up new cans of worms.

I expect more of "whoah" and less of WTF at the end.

I still don't understand the ending of Quantum Leap. Thats how I see Lost panning out for me!!

th74
th74 Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
How can you guys still face watching LOST?! I really wanted to enjoy it, but I totally couldn't handle following a TV show that's set out to confuse the viewer for the duration! And it's not getting any simpler!

And you know when it finshes, it'll either end in a really ambiguous WTF?! kind of a way. Or you'll be like "Awww. Oh. Is that really it?".

Plus I totally get the feeling like they are making it up as they go along! Like manatee's with the beach balls that write Family Guy!!!

I like that it isn't getting any simpler. I'm not one of those people that spends a lot of time trying to figure everything out, either. I'm just riding the story out. I feel like show endings usually make me feel like "WTF?" or "Is that it?" anwyay. But I have higher hopes for Lost!

Natasa
Natasa Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I thought this is suppose to be the final season ? Isn't that what they said before ?

I've heard there're gonna be 6 seasons..

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 03 Feb, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
Natasa wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I've heard there're gonna be 6 seasons..

I guess they extended it , hope they can maintain my interest . That foot is in Cloverfield BTW

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
Okay, so I missed the first 20 minutes, BUT it was still a great episode. They just keep on building tension. Even when they do reveal important plot points they are overshadowed by another big mystery, so it seems like you never find out about anything! Love it...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 1:34 PM Quote
Last nights , cool episode , bummer those 20 min were good. Seems like they're gonna be splitting the story time frame wise

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 2:55 AM Quote

My fav TV scoop source

Below is the part about Lost:

Lost is back! Oh, wait, that happened two weeks ago.

What I mean is, Lost will be back-back, after the strike. And even better, we've just checked in with inside sources, and we have dates! Yes, dates! So, break out your calendars, 'cause we're hearing this is the approved plan:

The last episode of the current pod (episode seven) will air Mar. 13. Then the show will be off the air for six weeks and return Apr. 24 at 9 p.m.

(That Apr. 24 episode will be the already-completed episode eight, which was filmed prestrike, but which apparently works much better as a minipremiere than it does as a minifinale.)

Anyhoo, the following week, on Thurs., May 1, a little show called Grey's Anatomy returns to its usual 9 p.m. time slot, so Lost will move to 10 p.m., where it will stay for the rest of the season.

"Yippee" just doesn't do it justice, does it?

To find out what this all means for the season-four story, I checked in with my personal Jesus, Damon Lindelof, who explains how his writing team plans to squish the eight episodes of plot they had planned into only five more episodes.

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," D.L. says. "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley Ping-Pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Natasa
Natasa Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:26 AM Quote
Did u find out who Jacob is?

At the first episode of season 4 if you look closer you can see..
They say the 'Lost missing pieces'-actually the 13th,help a lot.Well that's true.Personally I hadn't seen them before I figured out who the shadow is..

It's creepy

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:51 AM Quote
this season if it keeps on track is pretty rad. They're getting into the metaphyshical , 4th dimension stuff. THis off island story stuff totaly keeps it goin .

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:55 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
this season if it keeps on track is pretty rad. They're getting into the metaphyshical , 4th dimension stuff. THis off island story stuff totaly keeps it goin .

Agree. Last night was reaaaally good.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
Yeah, last night rocked. I like the new Daniel Faraday character. These writers could not cram any more philosopher character names, no seriously, they can't:

Charlotte Staples Lewis: C.S. Lewis
Daniel Faraday : Michael Faraday (studied Electromagatism and LIGHT)
John Locke: John Locke
Danielle Rousseau: Jean-Jacques Rousseau

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 1:15 AM Quote
That actor who plays Faraday plays a good Charles Manson , he was typecast as a whimp before but has now shifted to Mansonoid

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:53 AM