Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Heard My Eyes while shopping today :o)

Re: Travis supermarket muzak spotter
Oskari
Oskari Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

I heard Closer couple days ago when i was visiting my favorite record store...(and it wasnt the first time they player Travis)..but its really not that common to hear Travis played here in Finland...pity..

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Was it a muzak version?? (I imagine it would be really terrible in muzak forms. I hear lots of horns.)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Was it a muzak version?? (I imagine it would be really terrible in muzak forms. I hear lots of horns.)

Nah, it was the normal version, luckily. I once heard a muzak version of Flowers in the Window - not pretty, I tell thee.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Nah, it was the normal version, luckily. I once heard a muzak version of Flowers in the Window - not pretty, I tell thee.

Oh good. Yeah Flowers in the Window as muzak would be pretty rough.

But truly what songs are good in muzak?? (yes the Closer muzak thing was FUNNY but not *good*)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Oh good. Yeah Flowers in the Window as muzak would be pretty rough.

But truly what songs are good in muzak?? (yes the Closer muzak thing was FUNNY but not *good*)

Well i can't always hear the difference between muzak Celine Dion and normal Celine Dion. But yeah, muzak as such isn't exactly beautiful. I wonder who came up with this idea, and whether the musicians actually like doing it.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
wooow, that's cool!

i saw the videos for my eyes and selfish jean at my favourite club last friday, surreal :)

mili
mili Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
Oskari wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I heard Closer couple days ago when i was visiting my favorite record store...(and it wasnt the first time they player Travis)..but its really not that common to hear Travis played here in Finland...pity..

Which shop was that?

Not that many record shops left here in Helsinki anymore, unless you're willing to go a bit further from the centre. Rarely see any older Travis albums around, not to mention dvds.

Oskari
Oskari Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Oskari wrote:
Hanne wrote:

Which shop was that?

Not that many record shops left here in Helsinki anymore, unless you're willing to go a bit further from the centre. Rarely see any older Travis albums around, not to mention dvds.

oulussa oleva kauppa...siellä muuten itse asiassa on myynnissä aika paljon traviksen levyjä..(varsinkin käytettyjen puolella..)..uudenveroinen The Man Who makso säälittävät 3 euroa...hävettää:D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 9:16 AM Quote

I was in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre a while back and there was an actual Muzak version of Flowers in the Window playing, sounded like some guy trapped in a room with a Bontempi Organ!!

Dubz

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I was in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre a while back and there was an actual Muzak version of Flowers in the Window playing, sounded like some guy trapped in a room with a Bontempi Organ!!

Dubz

Sounds like the version I heard. Maybe it's the official muzak version *shudder*

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
In a life imitates art moment today, I was spacing out at the checkstand of the supermarket, humming along to Closer, when I realized it was my phone alerting me to a text and not me transported into a Travis video. And, no, the cashier didn't look like Dougie.

mili
mili Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
In a life imitates art moment today, I was spacing out at the checkstand of the supermarket, humming along to Closer, when I realized it was my phone alerting me to a text and not me transported into a Travis video. And, no, the cashier didn't look like Dougie.

A Dougie look alike cashier would be something! The closest thing I've ever got is a cashier that behaves like Dougie in the video, throwing my shopping about (mind those eggs, don't crush the basil...)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Mili, at least you got something, haha :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
cornax wrote:

That's quite a shame that he/she didn't look like Dougie.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:31 AM