Travis

Rihanna
mili
mili Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 10:23 AM Quote
My daughter wants to see Rihanna in March here in Helsinki. She's too young to go there on her own, so I guess it'll be my job to take her, if we decide it's ok. Not exactly my favourite kind of music, but is the show any good at least? Has anybody seen her live?

Re: Rihanna
Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 10:43 AM Quote
I've never seen her live, but I like some of her songs. You should take your daughter to the gig. :-) I don't know how old she is? But I was at my first concert at the age of 7.

mili wrote:
My daughter wants to see Rihanna in March here in Helsinki. She's too young to go there on her own, so I guess it'll be my job to take her, if we decide it's ok. Not exactly my favourite kind of music, but is the show any good at least? Has anybody seen her live?

mili
mili Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:22 AM Quote
She just had her 12th birthday. What I'm worried about is that she's not too keen on crowded places and loud noise – better not to aim to the front.
The concert is at the Hartwall Arena, a multipurpose arena, that is most of the time an ice rink, but I've been to some gigs there, too. A client took me to see Mamma Mia musical there, and it worked surprisingly well as a theatre.

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
Yeah well of course not, just get the kind of tickets where you can sit down, it's easier to leave then if it would be too much for her, oh and bring earplugs. :-)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
Okay I'll be real. She has catchy well constructed pop songs. But when I've seen her perform them live, she sounds terrible. But I'm guessing she'll have a back track or something for the tour.

mili
mili Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 7:16 AM Quote
Oh, well, bought the tickets since the girl is SO keen. With postage fees whopping 105 euros. I could think a few things I'd rather spend that on. :^(
We discussed all the negatives (including miming) and she still wanted to go. Better start to listen to Rihanna to be more familiar to the stuff, oh joy. Hope the show is at least entertaining.

mili
mili Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
Fresh back home from the concert. They played for just over an hour, but it was well choreographed performance with a proper band and some dancers. She sang most of the time, and pretty well, too. Maybe not quite worth the money (at least for me), but my daughter seemed to enjoy herself, which was the main issue. She came back with a t-shirt and an umberella (I'm a big softie).

varz
varz Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
Awww glad she enjoyed it! :) and a Rihanna umbrella?! Wow!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:44 PM Quote
Glad your daughter had fun! You should get yourself a Travis umbrella (if you don't already have one) to match, lol. I posted about this a while back, but my cousin invited me to go see Rihanna here in Detroit in May. *sigh* It's not my thing at all...but I'm going just cuz I like spending time with my cousin and I'm sure we'll have fun anyway!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 6:54 AM Quote
varz wrote:
Awww glad she enjoyed it! :) and a Rihanna umbrella?! Wow!

I love that song
I remember an interview of Fran talking about Umbrella
it was in Tokio I think, but I don't remember exactly what he said...

but I love that song hahaha

Aída
Aída Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:56 AM Quote

mili
mili Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
It was a Totes brolly, really light. I hope it's durable. I'd like the Travis umberella, but I've heard it's not very strong?

The write-up wasn't brilliant. This is how she looked at the start

http://www.hs.fi/kuvat/iso_webkuva/1135234822553.jpeg

Aída
Aída Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:15 PM Quote

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:29 AM