Travis

Re: F*cking Roomates
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:03 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Vicky and Stuart must be nutters who have turned it into a freaky room... there has been another development not involving Tony but his replacement Peter....

Stay tuned.....

Dubz

Yes, my soap is back on, lol!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:06 AM Quote
oooh...can't wait!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

Yes, my soap is back on, lol!

Ha ha!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:32 AM Quote
I'n in Piraeus/Athens at the moment but I will update you guys when I get back to Dublin....

Teaser it involves another disappearance and this time an empty car is found in the mountains ???

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 2:35 PM Quote
The Flatmates body was found a short time ago not far from his car.

*for this reason alone this "soap" has been suspended. indefinately*

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 2:47 PM Quote
OMG!

okay, story not funny anymore.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 3:16 PM Quote
Yikes! I never imagined it would be something that bad. The truth is stranger than fiction, as the saying goes.

Maybe you can start a new story for us.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
Ay, that's terrible! :o/

mili
mili Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
Oh, my. A bit too dramatic, I understand your decision to stop the story. Hope you're not too upset!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 12:49 AM Quote
Dubz that is awful!! Even if it wasn't someone you know well that is of course a distressing turn of events. So sorry to hear this.

I really think your landlord needs to turn that room into a storage space for tax reasons or whatever scheme he came up with at some point. The room seems cursed.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 4:11 AM Quote
Oh man, that is very strange and creepy.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:32 PM Quote
Dubz, did you ever find out what really happened? I'm assuming this story probably made the news.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 11:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Dubz, did you ever find out what really happened? I'm assuming this story probably made the news.

Unfortunately I didn't find out the whole story but then at the same time I really didn't want to intrude in the parent's grief and ask.

All I heard was that his car had been found in the "Glen of Downs" and that his body had been found close by sometime later, the problem at the time was also there were drug dealers popping each other (two of whom shared the same christian name) all over the place which is a much more newsworthly story.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 6:14 PM Quote
Gotcha. It just happened to cross my mind a few weeks ago, but I kept forgetting to ask about it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Aug, 2010 9:44 AM Quote
I forgot to finish this off and just came across it as I'm moving again.

The last flatmate, "Peter" was a nice wee guy from Cork, a bit quiet but sound. We interviewed him and he seemed very pleasant, He was due to move in a fortnight later on a Monday. There was however no sign of him and after a few days I called the landlord to make sure he was still moving in, The Landlord told me yes, he was taking his time and was already "paid up" for the room. If I remember correctly he moved in on the Thursday the following week, went to work on Friday, at about 3am he returned to the flat with his cousin and decided it would be a good idea to play dance music, we were not impressed but let it slide, I saw him on the Saturday passing the usual comments about "having a good night, how was the head etc" before heading down the pub. I returned late on the Saturday to a quiet house. He was around on the Sunday morning and as Cork and Dublin were both playing that day I asked if he fancied coming down the pub with me to watch the games. He was kinda wiped and declined. Later I found out this was the last time anyone saw him. I went down the pub for the games and basically stayed there all day, when I got home it was to another quiet house, but there were newspapers on the coffee table so he must have gone out to get the papers at some point, I took no notice thought he's just having an early night and went to my bed.

As I was working at the time I was keeping strange hours so took no notice of the fact I hadn't seen any of my flatmates Then on Wednesday we got a phone call from the landlord asking if we'd seen him, I replied I hadn't, but thought nothing of it, However a few hours later I got a call from "vicky"telling me his parents and the cousin (who had been there on Saturday morning) were at the house inspecting the room, his house keys were in the room buit his car keys weren't. It was then we found out that he hadn't been at work, I was still unconcerned as I thought he's probably just shacked up with some girl enjoying the fruits of love. I returned home much later that evening. On the Thursday morning while I was getting ready for work the parents arrived again, I let them in and went to work. That was the day I was sent to Piraeus in Greece.

While in Greece I recieved a call from the landlord telling me his car had been found, and a short while later a text telling me his body had been found close by.

I got back to Dublin Saturday night/Sunday morning over the next few days talking to "Vicky" and the landlord I was told a few things. He had been in a fight (an attack on him I think) about a year previously and had sustained serious head injuries. He had "Never been quite the same" since the attack. He had been living in Dublin with an elderly relative where family had been able to "Keep an eye on him". I really feel that we should have been told about this as I would have had no trouble keeping an eye on him too and if I had noticed he was missing for more than 24hours I would have phoned the parents immediately.

A couple of things stick in my mind about it. I went for a pint in my local on the Sunday and had to take down the missing posters that the guys had agreed to put up for the parents. I also had to take a few down in Dublin city centre too. The arsehole landlord wasn't going to let the father collect his son's things from the house, as I was in Greece and "Vicky" was in Tipperary and he had a job on in Galway. The father had the house keys and could have simply left them in the postbox when he was finished. Eventually the landlord agreed he could go in accompanied by the landlord's sister.

It was never reported and the family really kept to themselves so I never wanted to intrude by asking more questions about the loss of their son.

Peter was a nice guy, I think it's sad that he was a troubled individual, I wish I had known, I may still have went to the pub that Sunday (the last time anyone saw him) to watch the game, I might have been more persasive about him coming with me or I may even have just gone to the off license for a few cans and sat in with him watching it in the house. Or maybe I would still have done nothing but go about my business. We'll never know, Sorry Peter R.I.P. wee man.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:12 PM