Travis

Re: What Travis Track gives you chills?
heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 1:24 PM Quote

that is such a good performance! and though oasis is sort of my favourite band aswell, Fran kicked Noel's ass that day ;D

juuuli
juuuli Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 1:43 PM Quote
The cello solo on Quicksand. Brilliant.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Aren't they doing this by playback? I don't really like this performance.

Nikki wrote:

PS: Pipe Dreams is probably the No. 1 Travis song that's not a single that should be in my opinion. There are SO many that could be though.

That and As You Are. This performance looks like a mime too.

Good performance of Flowers in the Window

Flowers In the Window

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
Hands down favorite performance of "Sing." Even though it's by playback.

Sing: Top of the Pops, 2001

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Aren't they doing this by playback? I don't really like this performance.

Nikki wrote:

PS: Pipe Dreams is probably the No. 1 Travis song that's not a single that should be in my opinion. There are SO many that could be though.

That and As You Are. This performance looks like a mime too.

Good performance of Flowers in the Window

Flowers In the Window

What do you mean by playback? Like a backing track? I don't think so on the "Closer" video. That's Andy's Ebow. But I'm not sure what you mean.

mili
mili Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:

that is such a good performance! and though oasis is sort of my favourite band aswell, Fran kicked Noel's ass that day ;D

Young Fran is so cute on that video. :^)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
mili wrote:
heysupernova wrote:

Young Fran is so cute on that video. :^)

I love how he tip-toes around Noel during the guitar solo, haha!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

What do you mean by playback? Like a backing track? I don't think so on the "Closer" video. That's Andy's Ebow. But I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean they're miming playing, but Fran's really singing. You can tell on Dougie's backing vocals too, he's not really singing.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I mean they're miming playing, but Fran's really singing. You can tell on Dougie's backing vocals too, he's not really singing.

What? I didn't think Travis did that.
Say it ain't so. Maybe just for TV shows?

EDIT: Just had another look. You're right about Dougie's backing vocals Lauren...but I think they're playing the instruments...Neil's hitting the drums. Maybe they did that because it was one of the first times they did Closer live. Here's another one from Jools Holland and you can definitely tell they're playing and Dougie is singing...
Click Me.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 02 Feb, 2008 12:27 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

What? I didn't think Travis did that.
Say it ain't so. Maybe just for TV shows?

EDIT: Just had another look. You're right about Dougie's backing vocals Lauren...but I think they're playing the instruments...Neil's hitting the drums. Maybe they did that because it was one of the first times they did Closer live. Here's another one from Jools Holland and you can definitely tell they're playing and Dougie is singing...
Click Me.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it or anything. But I'm pretty sure they're not really playing. You can usually tell differences between the album and live playing and this sounds exactly like the album. I don't know, I may be wrong. But once again, there's nothing wrong with doing that if that is what they're doing.

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 02 Feb, 2008 2:02 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Does anyone have a particular performance that really moved them?

In July they did a little 100 person private radio gig on the day of one of their regular concerts. I won tix and brought my then 9 year old daughter with me. We were sat just a few feet from Fran when they did 'My Eyes' and I had my arms around her and just welled up with tears. I'm actually getting teary remembering it!

*Edit* Oh, and 'Turn' in general does it for me! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/k045.gif

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 2:51 PM