Travis

Re: What stuff would you like in the new album?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Shorter album. 10/11 songs, no hidden songs. 40 minute album.

Nooo! Hahaha. More songs! And I love hidden tracks!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
Great lyrics, great melodies...and I definitely agree with more songs you can pogo to and also a killer Andy solo like the one in "As You Are" !! I'm always impressed with what they can do...every album they put out I'm like, "Wow! They did it again!!!" :) I can't wait!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

:/ Yeah. I don't get that. If the songs are good...why wouldn't you want 12 or more? And I love hidden tracks.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Great lyrics, great melodies...and I definitely agree with more songs you can pogo to and also a killer Andy solo like the one in "As You Are" !! I'm always impressed with what they can do...every album they put out I'm like, "Wow! They did it again!!!" :) I can't wait!!!!!

Yes! Killer solos and great melodies! Rocky songs!
"Pogo" songs... I always pogo with anything, so I don't mind that much xD.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
No vinyl only tracks also. That was a big mistake.

All the tracks should be made available on cd & download.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

:/ Yeah. I don't get that. If the songs are good...why wouldn't you want 12 or more? And I love hidden tracks.

Because shorter albums are better. You might not be a Coldplay fan but it's what they're doing. They've said so from the start. Short album. I think if The Boy... had less songs it could have been their best album but it fades away towards the end (Out In Space, Under The Moonlight, and i'm personally not keen on Sailing Away)

Hidden tracks are pointless and a waste of time. Literally. I've edited it on my ipod so it's 3 songs in 3 songs, not 3 songs in 1 song but when i have my cd on, it's frustrating.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
I disagree. The Beatles (The White Album) is a double album and imo is one of the best albums ever.
If the songs are great, and there are only 10, it leaves you wanting more and it's frustrating.

Oskari
Oskari Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
hidden tracks are okay...and next album should include at least one...keeping up the tradition..(-invisible band, good feeling);O)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:09 PM Quote
I disagree. The Beatles (The White Album) is a double album and imo is one of the best albums ever.
If the songs are great, and there are only 10, it leaves you wanting more and it's frustrating.

Maybe yes. IF the songs are great. But even then, a double album is very hard to listen to. That's why Radiohead did what they did, with the bonus disc being released months later. They felt a double album is too much too take in. I agree with them. I always prefer 10/11 perfect tracks, that does leave you wanting more. It leaves you thinking how brilliant the band are. When you have to start skipping tracks, it ruins it. BUT yes, if all the tracks are great, you don't skip, but like i said, a double album is very hard to take in.

Double albums are normally awful. Travis are a great band but i think a shorter album would suit this new rocky sound. Quick blast of an album.

Oskari
Oskari Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Maybe yes. IF the songs are great. But even then, a double album is very hard to listen to. That's why Radiohead did what they did, with the bonus disc being released months later. They felt a double album is too much too take in. I agree with them. I always prefer 10/11 perfect tracks, that does leave you wanting more. It leaves you thinking how brilliant the band are. When you have to start skipping tracks, it ruins it. BUT yes, if all the tracks are great, you don't skip, but like i said, a double album is very hard to take in.

Double albums are normally awful. Travis are a great band but i think a shorter album would suit this new rocky sound. Quick blast of an album.

have to agree...the album has to include only the "perfect" ones...and maybe 20 perfect ones is too much...even for our guys..

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
Oskari wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

have to agree...the album has to include only the "perfect" ones...and maybe 20 perfect ones is too much...even for our guys..

Yes. And a point i didn't make actually: If the songs are that great, even if it only lasted 10 songs and 40 minutes, you want to listen to it again anyway. If the songs are that good, you shouldn't be thinking of wanting more and more. Seems like you're disappointed then. Quality over quantity.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
If the songs are great, and there are only 10, it leaves you wanting more

yeah ! ):

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
If the songs are great, and there are only 10, it leaves you wanting more

yeah ! ):

Well, they can't be that great if you want to listen to some different ones.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:38 PM Quote
I think quality and quantity can be ballanced. I didn't mean to say Travis should make a double album, just a regular 12/13 songs album. I think 12 or 13 songs feel just like the right quantity. And if the songs are as great as usual, I won't have to skip any tracks and I'll want to listen to it over and over again :oP. I don't see why more tracks would necessarily mean less quality.
I think that if they did a 10 tracks album, they'd be selling themselves short.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:48 PM Quote
I think quality and quantity can be ballanced. I didn't mean to say Travis should make a double album, just a regular 12/13 songs album. I think 12 or 13 songs feel just like the right quantity. And if the songs are as great as usual, I won't have to skip any tracks and I'll want to listen to it over and over again :oP. I don't see why more tracks would necessarily mean less quality.
I think that if they did a 10 tracks album, they'd be selling themselves short.

Well i did say 10/11... i think. And yes 12 would be ok. But no more! And certainly no hidden songs because that's pathetic.

Because too many tracks no matter how good, are too much to take in. I was disappointed when The Boy had 14 songs because i'd hoped for an unskipable album, and the band had previously said they weren't going to do the hidden track nonsense. Well, for me, it's skipable. If it had less songs, it might not be. Under The Moonlight wasn't originally on the album. Fran said that on the radio interview where he announced the name/release of the album. Well, they changed their mind and it my opinion, not for the best.

But anyway, Travis are my very favourite band and i'm sure a 14 song album would be great but i always prefer a shorter album that leaves you wanting more (although for the first couple of months is perfect. As soon as it finishes you put it back to the start.)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:35 PM