Travis

Re: Snow day!
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
HAha I wish that the lessons in Finland would've been cancelled everytime it snowed lol.

I haven't seen any snow this winter though, stupid London :(
Lovely pictures.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Great pic Lauren! Everything shuts down here for a little bit of snow and ice but that's expected as no one knows how to drive in it and there isn't a lot of equipment to de-ice the roads, etc. So it's a safety issue.

But that is surprising in D.C. I thought it snowed enough there that everyone just has to deal.

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
We've had a lousy winter snow wise, hardly any at all, and it's above zero even now with black ground. All the cars have compulsory winter tyres, and that ruins roads, eating tarmac up.

Nice pictures, by the way!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
I loved both pictures on this thread :o)
Enjoy the snowww!!!
It's quite hot here... Last tuesday in Rosario we had 37ºC, Humidex Factor 44ºC. The sand was burning (burning not a little, I was wearing flip flops and my feet hurt!), the water of the river was warm... I hate summer!!!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:16 AM Quote
I'm so jealous. I want a snow day! I lve the snow =D

missmoo
missmoo Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:19 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Classes are cancelled. The snowflakes are massive
Time for a nap
Good bye.
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v170/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30596976_3882.jpg

Good pic!

mili
mili Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 2:54 PM Quote
Well, we finally got some (with bells on), it's been snowing and windy for five hours solid. I'm glad I don't have to travel hom right now, it's rush hour time andmy guess is, that snow surprised everyone again... I saw some brave cyclists battling through it earlier.

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
Thats a great picture!

I don't mind the snow in Minnesota, it's the negative temperatures and wind chill that get me. Currently -17 (-27 Celsius)!

Oskari
Oskari Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Well, we finally got some (with bells on), it's been snowing and windy for five hours solid. I'm glad I don't have to travel hom right now, it's rush hour time andmy guess is, that snow surprised everyone again... I saw some brave cyclists battling through it earlier.

its always so big surprise...;)..though even i cyckled to uni today...but hey its Finland;) and its just snow:D

sakuras
sakuras Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 3:28 PM Quote
You're so lucky here in south of France the last time I saw snow was in 1986 :'(

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:24 AM