Travis

Re: Andy's Amps
tmfak
tmfak Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
damon wrote:
ok ! i just wonder if you already know why ask ??? not being mean...

When I asked I didn't know, But I found some better pictures and was able to narrow it down to those two options by comparing those pictures to the Orange Catalog.

tmfak
tmfak Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Thanks Franflower...

That helps a lot :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
tmfak wrote:
Thanks Franflower...

That helps a lot :)

No problem, just glad to help :)

damon
damon Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:32 AM Quote
that figures out the whole thing !!! altough i never imagine they were ad50, now i'm going to reconsider in getting the rckrvrb and instead an ad30 or ad50... regards to the whole guys !

tmfak
tmfak Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:38 AM Quote
damon wrote:
that figures out the whole thing !!! altough i never imagine they were ad50, now i'm going to reconsider in getting the rckrvrb and instead an ad30 or ad50... regards to the whole guys !

Friendly Advice if you're planning on getting an Orange amp:

As you may know Orange amps are not light or easily portable in any sense of the Word. This goes double for rockeverb series amps. If you are planning to use it in live performance (or otherwise take it with you anywhere) make sure you're up to it physically before you invest your amp.

damon
damon Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
tmfak,
Thanks for the advise, that's why i haven't bought it, right know i have lots of equipment, but i have no car, and every times is more difficult to transport the whole gear, so, i would say, first a car (wih a huge trunk), and then and orange...

and about the physically up, i can't complain... not mr universe, but a skinny guy either...

why kind of amp you own ??? do you play ?

tmfak wrote:
damon wrote:

Friendly Advice if you're planning on getting an Orange amp:

As you may know Orange amps are not light or easily portable in any sense of the Word. This goes double for rockeverb series amps. If you are planning to use it in live performance (or otherwise take it with you anywhere) make sure you're up to it physically before you invest your amp.

tmfak
tmfak Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
I play Bass in my current band, though I do play guitar as well. My Bass amp is an Ampeg (very big, and a b$%ch to transport). My gutair amp is a Fender Hotrod Deville 2X12 combo.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
damon wrote:

Really i agree... =)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
doesn't hurt to try out other amps and develop your own sound. I play through a AC 30 myself

tmfak
tmfak Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 4:55 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
doesn't hurt to try out other amps and develop your own sound. I play through a AC 30 myself

I've never played an AC30. Is it true that they sound like a 60 watt amp as opposed to a 30 (I've heard a few people say this)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 5:06 AM Quote
tmfak wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I've never played an AC30. Is it true that they sound like a 60 watt amp as opposed to a 30 (I've heard a few people say this)

loud enough for me , bright tone but they're heavy too . I was using a Fender twin reverb before but it was a little toooo clean for my taste .

Fender super reverbs are pretty rad

tmfak
tmfak Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 6:06 AM Quote
I'm using a 2X12 Hotrod Deville combo right now, but am thinking of upgrading to something with more "crunch" in it.

damon
damon Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
tmfak wrote:
I play Bass in my current band, though I do play guitar as well. My Bass amp is an Ampeg (very big, and a b$%ch to transport). My gutair amp is a Fender Hotrod Deville 2X12 combo.

uhh ! great choice dude ! ampeg, very clean tones and beaty amplification !!!
what kind of music do you play ?

damon
damon Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:12 PM Quote
tmfak wrote:
I'm using a 2X12 Hotrod Deville combo right now, but am thinking of upgrading to something with more "crunch" in it.

i would say that an interesting amp would be the one who have excellent clean tones, and can be very punching,

for example: roland chorus: good clean tones, but when imput a distorsion pedal it sucks,

vox (new series), clean tones sucks, also dirty tones,

marshall... good one...

orange EXCELLENT, gorgeous clean tones, and with valve distorsion wich rocks... but they are very expensieve and heavy....

tmfak
tmfak Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:40 AM Quote

Quote:
uhh ! great choice dude ! ampeg, very clean tones and beaty amplification !!!
what kind of music do you play ?

Right now, I mostly play a weird combination of funk and acid house. (for the band I play bass in) My guitar interests mostly run toward sparse ambient style stuff.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:15 PM