yes, it's very original...

I like it a lot.

Re: New Amsterdam video!
dasmill
dasmill Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
dasmill wrote:
Meh... it's ok. I feel like I should be able to say something more appreciative about this 'cos I do a film and a media course. Oh well. Sorry Mr Gary Rough. :p

Well, since you have done the "Friends" song (very well btw) looks like you'll have to treat us to your own New Amsterdam vid? Up for it?

hah...um, that could be tricky. Well, I do get to use the university's videocameras for my documentary course this term, so you never know. Watch this space!

...Well, watch it metaphorically, like. Best not literally stare at the computer screen, 'cos I'll probably never do it, and you'll just strain your eyes (remember to have regular breaks from your computer, kids).

I'll keep an eye out ;)Ya never know you may be the next...?

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
Meh... it's ok. I feel like I should be able to say something more appreciative about this 'cos I do a film and a media course. Oh well. Sorry Mr Gary Rough. :p

I have a master in film studies as well (not that this makes my analysis any good!) and to me it's so interesting to see different opinions/feelings.
I think what doesn't help is that the editing is working against the song's pace unlike all pop videos (hence my initial comment)...to break the easyness of it and that puts you in an out off time feeling/a bit uncomfortable. Same idea with filming statues, still/no life characters in close ups and the movement/life comes from larger shots with anonymous live people/bodies (we don't see their faces)...difficult to explain hope somebody get what I'm trying to say.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 2:56 AM Quote
I've just watched on their myspace
I couldn't believe it when my friends told me about this video

I like it!!!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
Finally got to watch this!

Like how it's so abstract =D

Also like it as it reminds me I'm going to New York in 3 weeks - one of my fave places in the world!

bara
bara Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
now i watched it. reminds me bit of jean... i mean the tshirt scenes.. u kno

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:03 PM