Travis

Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Typing to Reach You's version is on the main page....haven't listened to it yet as I'm in a meeting...and my company blocks MySpace, but I'm sure it's as wonderful as the others!

Please submit as soon as you can before Fran's version is revealed next month!

Lol, noo i already submitted my version ages ago. I think I was the first ;). But I'm just saying that the site that hosted the original link only keeps files up for a week. So I've gone and put it on MySpace too. If you look at the first page, you'll see you've put up my name twice. :p Just keep the MySpace one please.

Cheers. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
Funny how you can play something perfectly until you're in front of a camera. I felt like Cindy Brady on the game show.

I recorded my version of "Friends" today. I needed a bit of an echo to make it sound better, so I recorded in my 1950's bathroom. That's my pink Barry Gordy Wall of Sound.

Please apply everyone's excuses to my song as well; I'm not a singer, I only know a few chords, etc. and the additional excuse that my guitar (a.k.a. Old Kay) is literally falling apart at the seams.

I can hardly believe I'm doing this:
Friends

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
Cool guitar!
and you sing very well :D

good, good :)

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
great job guys!!!... the songs are awesome!!

clap clap to all

Ps: come on Franny, show us your version xD

scummy
scummy Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
haha loved your guitar! ;)
and you sing very, very well
nice job =)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Funny how you can play something perfectly until you're in front of a camera. I felt like Cindy Brady on the game show.

I recorded my version of "Friends" today. I needed a bit of an echo to make it sound better, so I recorded in my 1950's bathroom. That's my pink Berry Gordy Wall of Sound.

Please apply everyone's excuses to my song as well; I'm not a singer, I only know a few chords, etc. and the additional excuse that my guitar (a.k.a. Old Kay) is literally falling apart at the seams.

Friends

Kayte, love the bathroom acoustics! Haha! You have a BEAUTIFUL voice and Old Kay is soundin' great! Nice version! :)

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 12:59 AM Quote
Hey!
and there's the capo ! :O!

scummy
scummy Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
Hey!
and there's the capo ! :O!

yes! it was the first thing I noticed!
after the beautiful pink bathroom of course :P

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Typing to Reach You's version is on the main page....haven't listened to it yet as I'm in a meeting...and my company blocks MySpace, but I'm sure it's as wonderful as the others!

Please submit as soon as you can before Fran's version is revealed next month!

Lol, noo i already submitted my version ages ago. I think I was the first ;). But I'm just saying that the site that hosted the original link only keeps files up for a week. So I've gone and put it on MySpace too. If you look at the first page, you'll see you've put up my name twice. :p Just keep the MySpace one please.

Cheers. :)

woops...fixed...and Turtleneck's version added....thanks!!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 2:57 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I recorded my version of "Friends" today. I needed a bit of an echo to make it sound better, so I recorded in my 1950's bathroom. That's my pink Berry Gordy Wall of Sound.

Friends

Good job! You do look a bit nervous, but no need to, you have a lovely voice :)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 3:34 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Friends

Beautiful voice...and bathroom tile!

Fran
Fran Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
TURTLENECKKK WOW...love this...and love the location... Very good for natural reverb.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
TURTLENECKKK WOW...love this...and love the location... Very good for natural reverb.

So, you won't say anything about Yulia Nox's version?

Sorry! I'm from her fanclub, had to support her =P

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
It's great to hear this versions, i wouldn't do mine,for some reasons who wants to join to my club of the "none musical talent"?
Oh by the way fran, so, will we hear your version on february? Well, just if someone record it on the show and post it on youtube

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 15 Jan, 2008 8:25 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Friends

I love it Turtleneck! What bunch of talented boardies we have here!

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:03 AM