Travis

Re: Q: What's Your New Year's Resolution?
Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Errr... Ok, that might be more difficult. But I'd like to try :o)

I can send you the first 200 pages if you like. (Some of it is in English). I wrote them last year for my MA thesis. My supervisors liked it so much that they said I could keep everything for my doctorate (even though I'll most likely need to rethink the progression and add some chapters obviously).

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Good luck! I enjoyed studying both Linguistics and Language in the Brain. VERY interesting. Especially the case studies about what happens if you aren't exposed to language as a child or those that have had accidents to the parts of their brain that process it.

Thanks Nikki :) Nice to know I'm not the only one interested in linguistics! ;)

eh.. didn't read the whole thread, seems like there are far more people interested in linguistics, good stuff!

Oh as to stay on topic: no new years resolutions here. It's fine the way it is.....(i already have a six pack *nose grows excessively*)

Speechtherapist here, the whole semantic/phonology stuff sounds familiar:) Funny to see more people getting all excited about language:)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Speechtherapist here, the whole semantic/phonology stuff sounds familiar:) Funny to see more people getting all excited about language:)

I thought we were a dying breed!

spid
spid Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

I thought we were a dying breed!

All the while people talk and write and read there will be peole fastinated by it!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:

I can send you the first 200 pages if you like. (Some of it is in English). I wrote them last year for my MA thesis. My supervisors liked it so much that they said I could keep everything for my doctorate (even though I'll most likely need to rethink the progression and add some chapters obviously).

I'd like that... Can't promise I'll read it all in detail, but I'd like to see it :o)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 10 Jan, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

I'd like that... Can't promise I'll read it all in detail, but I'd like to see it :o)

I'll email it to you then! :)

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
resolutions always fall through. its like some false promise you make yourself or something. i say just be real. follow what you need to and do what you have to.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:44 AM Quote
No resolutions for me, I'm old enough, ugly enough, and wise enough to know that I'm a man who does things at his own pace and of his own volition, and a date on the calendar won't force me into making wholesale lifestyle changes for the sake of it.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
I'm being sensible with money! Paying off all my debts and saving! :)
And maybe just maybe there will be a wee peewee junior by this time next year!!! :D

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 11:41 PM