Travis

Re: The exercise thread
varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I've hated starting work. Every day I drive to my work, then I sit at my desk for 8 hours, and I drive home again. Contrast that with uni, where I walked to uni and back every day, then was walking between classes etc. I miss being at uni. Work sucks. It's making me chubbier than I want to be.

I've had to take up loads of exercise in the evenings instead - playing football two or three times a week.

Aaaaaah, thats what my problem is... instead of walking to uni i get the bus! Whoops!

Means I've developed a love for crazy exercise DVDs though!

dee
dee Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
bouncy castles are very good exercise-as recommended by me.

there was a "get active" day in uni yesterday, one of the best days ever.i really do go to the jokiest/best college ever!
we had classic sports day races like egg&spoon, wheelbarrow, sack etc. then there was a soccer match against lecturing staff.

i spent possibly 2 hours on that bouncy castle and my legs were like jelly for the rest of the day.ridiculously good clean fun.

varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
bouncy castles and trampolines are most fun exercise ever! what uni/college you at?! i wanna transfer!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
I can join this thread today- just back from the gym! I really need to start jogging. It's warm, so I don't have any excuses now.

varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Wow, impressed. I'm joining the gym this summer... And i might even go this time!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
varz wrote:
Wow, impressed. I'm joining the gym this summer... And i might even go this time!

I go every Thursday. But god, it's hard when you're as lazy as I am! ;)

varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
EVERY Thursday? You're crazy! I went for a jog yesterday and it killed me. Not doing that again for a while!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
varz wrote:
EVERY Thursday? You're crazy! I went for a jog yesterday and it killed me. Not doing that again for a while!

lol, what's crazy about that? ;P

varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:

lol, what's crazy about that? ;P

extreme dedication! lol! how do you fit in the time for that?!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
varz wrote:

I go after lectures with my friends- always helps!

varz
varz Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:

Ah cool cool! :)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:

do you take vodka with you too?

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
swimming, swimming..

th74
th74 Posted Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
I was going to go to they gym after work today, even brought my workout bag and everything, but it's raining/snowing/sleeting here, so now I'm just going to go home and sit my arse on the couch and read.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 2:29 AM Quote
I thought I would resurrect this thread. I have a question for people who run 'cause I was thinking of maybe trying it. Maybe. Half the clothes I have are unwearable.

Ok, I have never had any stamina. Even as a teenager I couldn't keep up with my gym class. Can you really improve stamina? Or is it something people are born with and you either have it or you don't? Seems I'm like Winnie the Pooh, the only thing that improves when I exercise is my appetite.

The other thing, kinda related, is I have never understood when people say they have more energy after being on an exercise program. How is that?

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:32 AM