Re: McCartney ???
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
Ugh I cant stand Paul McCartney.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
And he can make mashed potatoes, too. Sort of. By the way, my 1950's kitchen looks EXACTLY like this, except instead of Paul, there's a wall. Hey, that rhymes!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WyyEc-GNDfQ

Lol xD

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
And he can make mashed potatoes, too. Sort of. By the way, my 1950's kitchen looks EXACTLY like this, except instead of Paul, there's a wall. Hey, that rhymes!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WyyEc-GNDfQ

Lol xD

hey!!! I've found out this video this morning on You Tube! excellent lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Dubz, even though I don't understand it at all, it's your opinion if you don't like Paul McCartney as a person, but how can you deny his talent and all he's done for music? You're sitting here on the Travis messageboard, a band that if not for The Beatles would probably never exist or would sound a whole lot different.

So no paul McCartney = No Travis???

Yeah cause the Beatles consisted of one guy!!! Ringo, George, John and George Didn't fuckin' exist then???

Dubz

btw I am drunk but George was meant to be there twice.. Harrison and Martin

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 2:49 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Dubz, even though I don't understand it at all, it's your opinion if you don't like Paul McCartney as a person, but how can you deny his talent and all he's done for music? You're sitting here on the Travis messageboard, a band that if not for The Beatles would probably never exist or would sound a whole lot different.

Yeah cause the Beatles consisted of one guy!!! Ringo, George, John and George Didn't fuckin' exist then???

Dubz

I didn't say that The Beatles consist of one guy. Obviously not. But he was a HUGE part of The Beatles and is still a huge influence on today's music...especially Travis. It's undeniable and I think Travis would agree wholeheartedly.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Dubz

I didn't say that The Beatles consist of one guy. Obviously not. But he was a HUGE part of The Beatles and is still a huge influence on today's music...especially Travis. It's undeniable and I think Travis would agree wholeheartedly.

Bigger than the rest of them ??, rose tinted glasses I suspects, a Huge influence on todays music?? I think not, I think by this stage people have moved on and are probably being influenced by bands later than the '60s. I'm not denying they were hugely talented or massively influential but don't you think it's time to stop living in the past? Also as most people (and the band) these days will know I'm not a huge Travis fan, I loved their earlier stuff but personally (and it's only an opinion) I think they have lost some of that raw energy they once had and have become a bit mainstream for me at least). I never say they are not talented, I could never do what they do and hugely admire them for it, and if I ever get the chance to have a pint with the lads I'll tell them, I don't believe in lying to people but I will be diplomatic. So personally using Travis as a tool to strenghten your arguement ain't gonna work with me I'm afraid. George Martin was probably the most influential Beatle in my opinion, McCartney is an arse why has he waited until his so called best friend has been dead so long before requesting the credits be changed from Lennon/McCartney to McCartney/Lennon? Hmmm is he possibly just being a selfish egotistical shit head, what the fuck does it matter? Everyone all over the world knows how important he was, but the little spoilt wank wants his name first. Also on an MTV interview "I invented Techno Music", what you personally invented it, I think you may have had a very slight influence, but first of all it was Martin who came up with the tape looping and feedback and playing things backwards ideas, not McCartney, secondly were the Beatles the only band breaking new ground around this time?? they may have been the most famous but I could make a good bet they "borrowed" their ideas from elsewhere, at the time. but of course they are sacred and you cant say anything about them. Personally I think fuck 'em, they put themselves in the spotlight and if they can't handle it get the fuck outta Dodge!! Thirdly correct me if I'm wrong but did Techno music come straight after the Beatles? and what exactly is dancy about Wings, or the Pipes of Peace or The frog Chorus, I think although I could be wrong that Bowie/Floyd/Psychadelica 70's and Disco in the 80's probably had a bigger influence on Techno, but no Paul invented it.

Dubz

That said you are totally entitled to your opinion and while I may disagree with you I will always respect your views and your right to air those views.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
"So personally using Travis as a tool to strengthen your argument ain't gonna work with me I'm afraid."

I guess I just figured that since you post regularly on the Travis messageboard you'd still be a fan of their music to date. I guess not. Well, I'm not going to try to change your opinion about Paul or his influence because I don't think it's possible at this point, lol. You obviously have a lot of hate for the guy. I respect you for saying that at the bottom of your post, Dubz, I actually like you and think you're funny at times, but I guess what bothers some (and maybe Fran, too) is the way your posts come across with so much anger and rage, even though I don't think you really mean to do any harm. That's all.

Hopefully you'll like Travis' new album. It's supposed to be a bit more raw like "Good Feeling" was.

PEACE! :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Why would Dubz's dislike for Paul McCartney bother Fran?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Why would Dubz's dislike for Paul McCartney bother Fran?

Fran had made a comment on Dubz last Paul McCartey "hate" thread (lol) saying something like "Oh, so you know him?" ...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
Ohh right. Pfft, I'm staying out of this, Lennon and McCartney both piss me off a bit.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:43 PM