Travis

Re: How was your Tuesday?
pablob
pablob Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Well, I've liked Penélope Cruz since I saw her in a Mecano video about 20 years ago, and yes, her Spanish movies are far better than her Hollywood ones. Even her 5 minutes at the beginning of Carne Trémula were remarkable.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:
Vanilla Sky is pure shit

Wrong.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
pixiedixie wrote:
Vanilla Sky is pure shit

Wrong.

In my opinion, it´s 100% shit, only with lots of money, cool music and some Hollywood stars. I stick to my opinion!

I recommend Abre los Ojos, the original. The story is basically the same, only the movie is a lot better made

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:41 PM Quote
As I said before, I haven't seen Vanilla Sky, but Abre los ojos is very good. I like the scene that shows Madrid empty (on the video you can see that 00:48), and Eduardo Noriega is amazing on this film.
Video

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
They did the same thing in Vanilla Sky, except the made NYC's time square empty. That must of been friggin hard. I like Cameron Crowe, but I didn't care for this film.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
couldn't find myself caring for the characters in the original , I'm sure Vanilla sky even less

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:
Esteban wrote:
pixiedixie wrote:
Vanilla Sky is pure shit

Wrong.

In my opinion, it´s 100% shit, only with lots of money, cool music and some Hollywood stars. I stick to my opinion!

I recommend Abre los Ojos, the original. The story is basically the same, only the movie is a lot better made

I didn't see Abre Los Ojos, but I definitely agree with you on Vanilla Sky.
I was so bored when it finished I didn't even pay attention to the Paul MacCartney's song that was being played with the final credits xD.
I'm sure that me thinking Tom Cruise's a terrible actor who thinks he's sexy had something to do with my final opinion. But I was so boooooooooooored!!! Like we say in Argentina, it was a bodrio espantoso.

pablob
pablob Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Dunno, when I saw Abre los Ojos I thought the story was amazing and it got me thinking about it for some days.
I didn't see Vanilla Sky because I knew the end of the story, so there was not going to be any surprise in that film, but I guess that if I hadn't seen Abre los Ojos first, I would had probably had the same reaction with Vanilla Sky.
Mmmmmm.... that was confusing, wasn't it ?
Anyway, in both films Penélope Cruz plays the same role and that's all I care about :-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Belle-Epoque-Poster-C10107580.jpeg

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
pablob wrote:
Dunno, when I saw Abre los Ojos I thought the story was amazing and it got me thinking about it for some days.

Me too! I had to watch it again, haha.

Belle Epoque won an Oscar, didn't it? I watched it long time ago, and I can't remember if I liked it or not :p

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:25 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
pixiedixie wrote:
Vanilla Sky is pure shit

Wrong.

I really liked Vanilla Sky and as crazy as Tom Cruise may be, I think he's a really exciting actor. I always make it a point to go see his movies. I'm not saying he's the best actor in the world, but he's pretty darn good and he's in some great movies. Kind of like my Hugh Grant obsession...he's not the best actor in the world, but I love Hugh Grant movies.

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
The other day I watched Music and Lyrics and I loved it! Hugh Grant is sooooo cute ^__^

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Hugh Grant? It's all about John Hannah MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Oh Gosh....him too!!!!!!

:D

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:39 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Oh Gosh....him too!!!!!!

:D

Nope, girls. Rufus Sewell!

I'm off. Bye!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:52 AM