Travis

Re: News
Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
Welcome to the board, Kathy.

Do you really think these presale tickets will sell out on Tuesday?

Even when the shows in March were announced, on the back of the 3 year hiatus by the band, they didn't sell out in one day, in fact they did not sell out in one week, if I remember correctly. As it turns out, no-one else who has posted has recieved the email, so retrospectively I can say I did the right thing.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
KathyC wrote:
Sorry, I'm sure you mean well, but this is such a frustrating thread. If a band has the (gratefully appreciated by me) courtesy to quietly let its fans who are interested enough to sign up to their mailing list have advance notice of the sale of tickets, why publicly announce it? I will be more than unhappy if I fail to buy any on Tuesday but see tickets immediately for sale on Ebay.

I'm signed up to the mailing list and didn't get it. A lot of us are HUGE Travis fans who post here and I thank Esteban for posting it.

I totally agree. Thanks Esteban!
Their mailing list doesn't work anyway :(
I'm fairly sure the tickets for where I went were still available on the day of the gig. I doubt if they'll be hugely oversubscribed, but the venues are smaller.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
I heard about this on facebook before reading it here. I think that it's a bit shabby that we're not getting the emails. There's no doubt an explanation, so I'd quite like to hear it.
Thanks for posting the news Esteban.
The presale link isn't showing anything yet, which is a bit surprising. I bought Elbow tickets this morning from a presale page in gigsandtours, which had been up and running at least 2-3 days before the sales opened. So it stands to reason that Travis' tickets should be listed by now, with a date when they can be ordered.
Meantime, why has been London been missed off this mini tour??????? What are the chances of a London date being added????? Pretty please?????
Meantime, as this morning, I guess I'll be at the pc at 9 am tomorrow with my poor long suffering cc, hoping to grab a slice of Travis at Cambridge.....

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
I saw the post here yesterday morning (Sunday), saw it on Facebook in the afternoon, then received the email late last night.

Personally I think the members who read the forums should get the news first for making the effort to come here to keep up to date on the band rather then waiting for it to show up in their inbox. But that's just my opinion.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 7:09 PM Quote
craftycathy wrote:

Personally I think the members who read the forums should get the news first for making the effort to come here to keep up to date on the band rather then waiting for it to show up in their inbox.

Utterly ridiculous.

Not posting on the forum doesn't make someone less of a fan, and it's really deluded to think that posting here puts you into some kind of elitist class. I feel sorry for you for believing that.

I don't post on half the bands' websites I follow. There are too many, and I appreciate the email bulletins as they come in. I haven't got the time to post on every forum. I have a life.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
It doesn't matter who gets the information first, really, does it? No need for people getting into disputes over whether it should come by email, pigeon post, text message, morse code or telegram.

It's Christmas!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
It doesn't matter who gets the information first, really, does it? No need for people getting into disputes over whether it should come by email, pigeon post, text message, morse code or telegram.

It's Christmas!

Once again, I agree. I think the news should be distributed through fans however they like, and would you check every day for months (years before TBWNN :P) without finding anything?

Christmas is too awesome for words! Feel the happiness, people! :D

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
I think the news is getting to the fans and that is all that matters.

FYI to the people who are on the mailing list, but didn't receive the e-mail....check your spam box. That is where mine ended up.

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
craftycathy wrote:

Personally I think the members who read the forums should get the news first for making the effort to come here to keep up to date on the band rather then waiting for it to show up in their inbox.

Utterly ridiculous.

Not posting on the forum doesn't make someone less of a fan, and it's really deluded to think that posting here puts you into some kind of elitist class. I feel sorry for you for believing that.

I don't post on half the bands' websites I follow. There are too many, and I appreciate the email bulletins as they come in. I haven't got the time to post on every forum. I have a life.

You're misinterpreting my thoughts. I didn't say anything about posting vs. not posting. My opinion is that coming to the site gives more information about bands then not coming at all. There are some news that just don't make it to the newsletters. I just wanted to clarify.

But lets just get back to celebrating that that the band is putting out a new album and will have these shows so soon after the huge tour.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 8:51 PM Quote
craftycathy wrote:

But lets just get back to celebrating that that the band is putting out a new album and will have these shows so soon after the huge tour.

Wooo! Very true. And It's Christmas! Woooooooo! :D

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
craftycathy wrote:
Tonie wrote:
craftycathy wrote:

Utterly ridiculous.

You're misinterpreting my thoughts.

You made your thoughts pretty clear, I felt, whether to do with reading or posting. As did I, I hope. Healthy debate and all that stuff.

However, it's good to have some Travis dates to look forward to. And some new material. Can't argue with that, no matter how hard I try..... :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
I got the email last night (USA time) right before the server went down. I would guess the most people not getting the email thing had to do with that.

And yes, let's just celebrate a new album and a new tour.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
I received the email too.
It's great news! I'm so happy we'll be enjoying some new music so soon!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:46 AM Quote
Thanks a million for these great news as I barely never check my hotmail account (but now that I did, there sure was a mail from travisonline.com, somewhere among the other 86 messages :D lazy).

I definitely want to go to Cambridge, but can someone wiser please tell me why gigsandtours.com only have tickets for Brighton and Bristol?
I really hope the tickets to Junction will come for pre-sale as well because at Friday 9:00 I'll be at Heathrow trying to find the right plane home. Home for christmas, yay!

warby
warby Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 9:00 AM Quote
No Cambridge date on Pre-Sale page :-( Any ideas?

Cheers
Warby

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:25 AM