Travis

Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 4:36 AM Quote
Oh yeah...I like a few Mandy Moore songs too. But I'll spare Lauren and won't post 'em cause we've already established her deep hate for her too. :P

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 4:45 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Afterglow wrote:
I'll admit to owning a Cher album. Don't judge me!! ;)

Do you belieeeeeeeeeeve in liiiife after love? I can feeeeel somethin' insiiiiiide me say I really don't think you're strong enough, no!

That one?
LOL. :)

Haha yep that's the one! So bad but I can't help singing along.
Cos i'm STRONG ENOUGH to liiive without you STRONG ENOUGH! And I quit cryin long enough now I'm strong enough to know yooou gotta go!! lol

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 4:56 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh yeah...I like a few Mandy Moore songs too. But I'll spare Lauren and won't post 'em cause we've already established her deep hate for her too. :P

Haha... damn straight.

That reminds me, Because I Said So was on AGAIN today. What a wretched movie.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Pissin' the niiiiiiight awaaaaaay, Pissin' the niiiiiight awaaaaaaay. I love it.

Sweeeeet. Totally own this CD.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:02 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Pissin' the niiiiiiight awaaaaaay, Pissin' the niiiiiight awaaaaaaay. I love it.

Keep in mind that at this time, a lot of Americans thought pissin referred to peeing, not drinking. Oh wowie.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:05 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Keep in mind that at this time, a lot of Americans thought pissin referred to peeing, not drinking. Oh wowie.

My Fifthgrade teacher played this CD in class while we were working on projects and stuff. I wanted to go out and buy the CD, but my Mom wouldn't let me. Muahahaha I got it later though!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:21 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

My Fifthgrade teacher played this CD in class while we were working on projects and stuff. I wanted to go out and buy the CD, but my Mom wouldn't let me. Muahahaha I got it later though!

Haha... rebel rebel.

Mmmmm let me browse my iTunes for some more embarrassing tunes...

Got one!

Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:23 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I have a very fond memory of getting that CD for Christmas and my Dad, grandpa and uncle singing along to it a little drunk and me and my cousins and brother all laughing at them.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:50 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Haha... rebel rebel.

Mmmmm let me browse my iTunes for some more embarrassing tunes...

Got one!

Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect

Ok...here are some of my rap/ hip hop guilty pleasures:

NWA Express Yourself

Eminem My Name Is

OutKast So Fresh, So Clean

Jay Z Can I Get A...

Nelly Ride With Me

TLC No Scrubs

Aaliyah Are You That Somebody (I used to love the dance in this video).

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 5:53 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Oooo good choice.
I don't want no scrubs a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me...

Can I get a WHA WHA

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 6:08 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oooo good choice.
I don't want no scrubs a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me...

Can I get a WHA WHA

LOL! :) Glad I'm not the only one!

I can't believe some of this stuff we're posting is from more than ten years ago! I feel old!!!! Reminds me of what happened the other day at the mall. So I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my brother and he's really in to music so I figured I'd get him a band t-shirt from this new t-shirt store in our mall. It's pretty cool, they have all the bands in alphabetical order around the store. My boyfriend and I were the only ones in the store at the time and this young emo-looking kid wearing back with ear plugs behind the counter. So my boyfriend found this t-shirt and said my brother might like the design and I agreed that it was cool but said he doesn't like the band "boys like girls" and my boyfriend was like "oh, I didn't even know that was a band....how do you know that?" and I said (in a Dr. Evil voice, of course) "I'm hip, I'm with it!" and the kid behind the counter totally started laughing at me and rolled his eyes. I felt old :( It was sad.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 6:12 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I can't believe some of this stuff we're posting is from more than ten years ago! I feel old!!!! Reminds me of what happened the other day at the mall. So I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my brother and he's really in to music so I figured I'd get him a band t-shirt from this new t-shirt store in our mall. It's pretty cool, they have all the bands in alphabetical order around the store. My boyfriend and I were the only ones in the store at the time and this young emo-looking kid wearing back with ear plugs behind the counter. So my boyfriend found this t-shirt and said my brother might like the design and I agreed that it was cool but said he doesn't like the band "boys like girls" and my boyfriend was like "oh, I didn't even know that was a band....how do you know that?" and I said (in a Dr. Evil voice, of course) "I'm hip, I'm with it!" and the kid behind the counter totally started laughing at me and rolled his eyes. I felt old :( It was sad.

Is the store you're referring to Hot Topic? That place is an emo breeding ground.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 6:15 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Is the store you're referring to Hot Topic? That place is an emo breeding ground.

LOL! No...but we have those stores too. It was "The T-Shirt Place" or something.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 6:18 AM Quote
Well, I think I'm gonna hit the sack. Night everyone! :)

kayrill
kayrill Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 6:56 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I don't consider them "guilty" pleasure songs, but I was a Hanson fan for almost 10 years. Yeap, 10 years. Never thought they were brilliant musicians, but they have some great songs. The problem started when I realized it took them like forever to write a bunch of decent songs. Longer than any other band. And found out some TERRIBLE "left over" tracks. That's when I started to feel embarrased. Those songs are some of the worst songs I've ever heard.
Anyway, I got tired of their unprofessional attitude and their "it's all about the music, we're great artists if you give us a second look" mask. At least they used to make good songs back then... now they just act as if they did and all they care is finding out a new way to get money from their small fan base.

Ahh... bitterness hahaha. I don't feel like listening to Hanson anymore, but they were a big part of me for so long that I won't call them a guilty pleasure- even though I'm terribly embarrased by their recent behaviour and music xD.

One reason why I try not to associate good songs to artist's bad behavior, it ruins the experience... so, did somebody say britney? haha!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:03 PM