Travis

Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:46 AM Quote
I was going to post Ace of Base! Thanks Nikki for covering that.

But makes me think of other Swedish crap I like

It Must Have Been Love

Listen to Your Heart

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:54 AM Quote
This is on YouTube's main page right now. So funny

Cooties

Also this one has got to be classified as bad simply for its lyrics

Love Bites

Some samples

When you make love, do you look in the mirror?
Who do you think of, does he look like me?

umm....ew. Why is she looking in the mirror if she wants to be thinking of someone else? Wouldn't seeing the dude in the mirror interfere with her fantasy?

I don't wanna touch you too much baby
'Cos making love to you might drive me crazy
I know you think that love is the way you make it
So I don't wanna be there when you decide to break it

What sort of sex does this lady do that could possibly drive him insane? And what is she going to break?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:56 AM Quote
I don't consider them "guilty" pleasure songs, but I was a Hanson fan for almost 10 years. Yeap, 10 years. Never thought they were brilliant musicians, but they have some great songs. The problem started when I realized it took them like forever to write a bunch of decent songs. Longer than any other band. And found out some TERRIBLE "left over" tracks. That's when I started to feel embarrased. Those songs are some of the worst songs I've ever heard.
Anyway, I got tired of their unprofessional attitude and their "it's all about the music, we're great artists if you give us a second look" mask. At least they used to make good songs back then... now they just act as if they did and all they care is finding out a new way to get money from their small fan base.

Ahh... bitterness hahaha. I don't feel like listening to Hanson anymore, but they were a big part of me for so long that I won't call them a guilty pleasure- even though I'm terribly embarrased by their recent behaviour and music xD.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:20 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I was going to post Ace of Base! Thanks Nikki for covering that.

But makes me think of other Swedish crap I like

It Must Have Been Love

Listen to Your Heart

It Must Have Been Love, oh my! That one brought back memories of me and my girlfriends singing that for our 7th grade choir talent show, must find video of that! Makes me feel old

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

I thought of this one last night... I love singing this out loud in the car... don't hate me.

Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish

Forgot another one...

Evertime We Touch - CASCADA

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:29 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
It Must Have Been Love, oh my! That one brought back memories of me and my girlfriends singing that for our 7th grade choir talent show, must find video of that! Makes me feel old

One of my friends sang "Listen to Your Heart" at our choir show when we were in 10th grade! I recently found a pic and called her. We had a good laugh about it. She is in NYC now. She just did her first audiobook!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
She's coming up, so you better get this party started

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:34 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

And Lauren, I got your back on the Spice Girls! I think they actually had some pretty catchy songs back in the day.

Ace of Base: Don't Turn Around , The Sign , All That She Wants

Spice Girls: Wannabe , Say You'll Be There , Goodbye

:P

Woot! I'm glad you got my back! My favorite Spice Girls tunes are probably Stop, 2 Become 1 (BTW, I should not have been listening to this song at this age... too dirty.), and Spice Up Your Life (Did I go see Spice World in the theatre? Heck yes!).

I love that you included Ace of Base, they were so cheesy! Ahem (sings): All that she wants is another baby! Wha?!

I thought of this one last night... I love singing this out loud in the car... don't hate me.

Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish

(when I was looking for the video on YT, I came across a video of the band on Sesame street. Apparently they used that song to teach kids to hold hand while crossing the street. Too funny.

Heck yeah! I had a Hootie & The Blowfish tape! It was one of the first tapes my parents ever bought me. That and REM Out of Time.

I was just reminiscing on Youtube. My favorite band before Travis was the British band BBMak back in the pre-teen days. Ever heard of them, Lauren? I don't really think they're a guilty pleasure, though. They were actually really good. *sigh* I miss them.

Back Here

Out Of My Heart

Ghost Of You And Me

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:36 AM Quote

Ya know, I never liked her until I saw her open for JT. She put on quite a show and I can't deny it, the bitch has some pipes!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:46 AM Quote
Oh...I <3 this song...don't know if it would be considered a guilty pleasure by some here. Maybe.

4 in the morning

I think Gwen is cool as hell and she's beautiful. I went to her concert recently. She's good but I hate big stadium shows. I'll never go to one again.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 2:51 AM Quote
I totally sing this one in the car.

JoJo To Little To Late

Maybe I should stop. You guys are gonna get the wrong impression, LOL.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 3:08 AM Quote
Nikki, yours reminded me of one that is possibly worse than my O-Town one.

My street cred will go down, I'm sure

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 3:10 AM Quote
Ace of base & aqua have total Street cred , don't be a H8ER

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 3:14 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Ya know, I never liked her until I saw her open for JT. She put on quite a show and I can't deny it, the bitch has some pipes!

I am not really a fan but she definitely has some pipes. I remember seeing some news thing (ET or something like that) where they were showing the making of the Moulin Rogue video with her Christina A, Lil Kim, etc. It showed her siging it accapella and just busting it rock solid. I was very impressed.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 3:20 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki, yours reminded me of one that is possibly worse than my O-Town one.

My street cred will go down, I'm sure

Ohhh man.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:35 AM