Travis

Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 4:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
And I'm not opposed to singing along to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5LX16zia2k

remember that In livin color parody of Arsineo Hall & Eddie Murphy ?

this song rawks too !

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 5:26 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

remember that In livin color parody of Arsineo Hall & Eddie Murphy ?

this song rawks too !

I never watched In Living Color. I hated the theme song, so I think I always turned the channel before the show ever got going.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh god, that is truly terrible. Eek.

Turtleneck wrote:

I never watched In Living Color. I hated the theme song, so I think I always turned the channel before the show ever got going.

You can do what you wanna do... IN LIVING COLOR!

I do not know how I remember that theme song, I must have been 4 or 5 when that show was on.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
Ric thank you for introducing me to that RAWKIN awesomely bad song. The dancing is stellar. This elevated my mood several points.

Turtleneck, you are very brave to share. I am glad that "Party All the Time" is getting some lovin.

Kayrill, I am glad you are posting so I won't knock you for liking Britney. ; ) (it is pretty catchy)

Moray, props for mentioning "Any Way You Want It." I am always partial to air drumming the cymbal work in that song.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Turtleneck, you are very brave to share. I am glad that "Party All the Time" is getting some lovin.

It's great for potty training daughters. "My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the tiiime."

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
I can imagine there being a "guilty pleasure songs" thread on some heavy metal forum or something, where people say "I'm afraid I'm partial to a bit of Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me?". lol

S'pose it's funny how a terribly naff song for one person can be awesomely cool for another.

mili
mili Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atk_bC7TPRo

I used to work for a department store with a terrible background tape repeating all the time. The highlight was Rent, and I never really found out if it was a cover version or the original. I think there was some Rick Ashley on it, too :P

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
mili wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atk_bC7TPRo

I used to work for a department store with a terrible background tape repeating all the time. The highlight was Rent, and I never really found out if it was a cover version or the original. I think there was some Rick Ashley on it, too :P

it has a Dubz ring to it
LOL

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

It's great for potty training daughters. "My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the tiiime."

I changed the words to say "My boy likes to potty all the time" last month when we started potty training, it didn't work. All I got was "stop singing mommy". Go figure!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I changed the words to say "My boy likes to potty all the time" last month when we started potty training, it didn't work. All I got was "stop singing mommy". Go figure!

Oh, I got that too. I said, "I'm the Mommy and I can sing whenever I want to sing." Sing, sing, sing!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:55 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Ric thank you for introducing me to that RAWKIN awesomely bad song. The dancing is stellar. This elevated my mood several points.

Kayrill, I am glad you are posting so I won't knock you for liking Britney. ; ) (it is pretty catchy)

Moray, props for mentioning "Any Way You Want It." I am always partial to air drumming the cymbal work in that song.

my song rawked , party all the time is the great misunderstood song , haven't heard the Britney ,

but Ansely dunbar no friggin way !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:10 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, I got that too. I said, "I'm the Mommy and I can sing whenever I want to sing." Sing, sing, sing!

I get that too. I used to even say, "Do you know people pay mommy to sing?"

This does not impress them.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:00 AM Quote
This is a great thread! :D

LMAO @ Anne for posting O-Town!

And Lauren, I got your back on the Spice Girls! I think they actually had some pretty catchy songs back in the day.

Oh, and Andrew, I really liked the song you posted, too! lol!

My guilty pleasure songs:

Ace of Base: Don't Turn Around , The Sign , All That She Wants

Spice Girls: Wannabe , Say You'll Be There , Goodbye

:P

scummy
scummy Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:21 AM Quote
hahahahah! i guess we all have guilty pleasures, don't we? i discovered it this weekend when a huge group of travis fans got together and everyone knew all westlife ans spice girls songs xD

myself, i kinda like fall out boy, spice, britney, take that, etc... not 'like', just like xD

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:44 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

And Lauren, I got your back on the Spice Girls! I think they actually had some pretty catchy songs back in the day.

Ace of Base: Don't Turn Around , The Sign , All That She Wants

Spice Girls: Wannabe , Say You'll Be There , Goodbye

:P

Woot! I'm glad you got my back! My favorite Spice Girls tunes are probably Stop, 2 Become 1 (BTW, I should not have been listening to this song at this age... too dirty.), and Spice Up Your Life (Did I go see Spice World in the theatre? Heck yes!).

I love that you included Ace of Base, they were so cheesy! Ahem (sings): All that she wants is another baby! Wha?!

I thought of this one last night... I love singing this out loud in the car... don't hate me.

Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish

(when I was looking for the video on YT, I came across a video of the band on Sesame street. Apparently they used that song to teach kids to hold hand while crossing the street. Too funny.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:25 PM