Travis

Re: July 19th in Toronto...
liberated
liberated Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:20 AM Quote
Travis-O-Mally wrote:
Yes yes yes, I'll be there. Man o man I cannot wait! DeeMac if you need a lift I'll come get cha, i always drive to the Kool Haus and park across the street, $10, not bad...I'll be leaving early to ensure I'm within the first 5 rows! Guy's/Gals, i was telling Deemac that I went to see Keane there a couple weeks back, and the sound seemed improved...I saw Keane a couple years back, and it was atrocious, but looks like they may have re-soundproofed the place...Either way, its a good venue for Travis, as the Hummingbird center did not do them justice last time, so i think this one will enlighten the evening just fine...

I was at the Keane show at Kool Haus too and thought they sounded great. I'm happy Travis is playing a GA show. I've only ever seen them in seated venues, and always had crappy seats.

knl
knl Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 4:35 AM Quote
lvdemwings wrote:
I'll be there. I thought KoolHaus had good sound I was there in March to see the Scissor Sisters. I suppose it could have been because I was at the stage.

I'll probably be going by myself unless the kidling wants to go.

I was also right at the front during the Scissor Sisters show. I thought the sound was atrocious. It was still an amazing show, but the amount of bass was painful.

knl
knl Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 4:59 AM Quote
Travis-O-Mally wrote:
Yes yes yes, I'll be there. Man o man I cannot wait! DeeMac if you need a lift I'll come get cha, i always drive to the Kool Haus and park across the street, $10, not bad...I'll be leaving early to ensure I'm within the first 5 rows! Guy's/Gals, i was telling Deemac that I went to see Keane there a couple weeks back, and the sound seemed improved...I saw Keane a couple years back, and it was atrocious, but looks like they may have re-soundproofed the place...Either way, its a good venue for Travis, as the Hummingbird center did not do them justice last time, so i think this one will enlighten the evening just fine...

I was also at the Keane show a couple years ago and I completely agree. I've seen them at the Mod Club and Government as well and neither were as bad that Kool Haus show. That Keane show and the Scissor Sisters show I mentioned in my last post are my reason for not liking the Kool Haus. Fortunately, the Shins restored a bit of my faith a couple months ago.

PS. I don't think "so i think this one will enlighten the evening just fine..." makes much sense.

Xaverri19
Xaverri19 Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 6:50 AM Quote
Wooo!...so excited that they're back!...even though i really don't like the Kool Haus all that much, it's great that they're doing an intimate show!
can't wait!

Travis-O-Mally
Travis-O-Mally Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 6:24 AM Quote
knl wrote:
Travis-O-Mally wrote:

I was also at the Keane show a couple years ago and I completely agree. I've seen them at the Mod Club and Government as well and neither were as bad that Kool Haus show. That Keane show and the Scissor Sisters show I mentioned in my last post are my reason for not liking the Kool Haus. Fortunately, the Shins restored a bit of my faith a couple months ago.

PS. I don't think "so i think this one will enlighten the evening just fine..." makes much sense.

Thanks for the English lesson knl, how does this sound, "the evening will be a tell all journey of their best songs to date?" Who makes sense these days, not me, nothing makes sense and I like to expose the truth...haa haa...Anyway, I also agree the Mod club sound rocked and the gov was good too...I hope the show sounds good, but if not, hey, its Travis, id rather hear a shitty sounding Travis that night, rather than any other good sounding band, on any given night...

knl
knl Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
Travis-O-Mally wrote:
knl wrote:
Travis-O-Mally wrote:

Thanks for the English lesson knl, how does this sound, "the evening will be a tell all journey of their best songs to date?" Who makes sense these days, not me, nothing makes sense and I like to expose the truth...haa haa...Anyway, I also agree the Mod club sound rocked and the gov was good too...I hope the show sounds good, but if not, hey, its Travis, id rather hear a shitty sounding Travis that night, rather than any other good sounding band, on any given night...

Well said mon frère.

feri
feri Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
I'll be there! Got the ticket! You guys probably don't know me, I'm Feri! I'm so excited! I'm going alone as well, cuz I don't really know anyone who likes Travis, but I would love to meet some boardies.

As for the venue, I've seen Keane at Kool Haus twice, it's not my fave place but last time Keane's amazing performance made up for the crappy venue!

How early should we start lining up if we want front row?

liberated
liberated Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
feri wrote:
I'll be there! Got the ticket! You guys probably don't know me, I'm Feri! I'm so excited! I'm going alone as well, cuz I don't really know anyone who likes Travis, but I would love to meet some boardies.

As for the venue, I've seen Keane at Kool Haus twice, it's not my fave place but last time Keane's amazing performance made up for the crappy venue!

Hey Feri! It's Linda from the Keane board. We can meet up in line again if you want, although last time wasn't planned. lol.

feri
feri Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 3:49 AM Quote
liberated wrote:
feri wrote:

Hey Feri! It's Linda from the Keane board. We can meet up in line again if you want, although last time wasn't planned. lol.

Hey!:D yeah hehe Keane boardies! Yeah that sounds cool, I'll see you there! I just want to know what time people are lining up:S I want to come earlier this time!

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 4:39 AM Quote
Yes, I would also like to know how early is early enough, so as I can have their spit and what not sprayed on me...or not, who am I kidding of course I would.

deemac
deemac Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
Looks like I might not be going to the show guys. I am gutted but the tickets are a little steep for me at this point. The move has broken me and NXNE was the nail in the coffin. Someone will have to fill me in on how it went. Man, yet another tour and it looks like I still won't get to see them live. It may never happen. :(

eliza
eliza Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
deemac wrote:
Looks like I might not be going to the show guys. I am gutted but the tickets are a little steep for me at this point. The move has broken me and NXNE was the nail in the coffin. Someone will have to fill me in on how it went. Man, yet another tour and it looks like I still won't get to see them live. It may never happen. :(

WHAT THE HELL?

deemac
deemac Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
I CANNOT afford $50 for a ticket. I am so broke you haven't a clue my dear what I paid out for this move. I am already upset enough about it...don't make me feel worse :(

eliza
eliza Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
deemac wrote:
I CANNOT afford $50 for a ticket. I am so broke you haven't a clue my dear what I paid out for this move. I am already upset enough about it...don't make me feel worse :(

*hugs* my poor twin
i'll have twice the fun for you at my show then.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:22 AM