Travis

July 19th in Toronto...
deemac
deemac Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:16 AM Quote
who is going to this show? Wanna get an idea is all....

Re: July 19th in Toronto...
eliza
eliza Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:31 AM Quote
darling, a trip to TO cost more than my trip to NY (for Muse). I think I will pass. Maybe I will go to Chicago instead.

knl
knl Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:55 AM Quote
I'll most definitely be going. However, now that the friend I had planned to go with can't go, it looks like I'll be alone.

undercontrol
undercontrol Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 5:04 AM Quote
i can't find someone to go with either. do you think the tickets will sell out?

loria
loria Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 6:33 AM Quote
i may or may not end up going to this show - if i do, i'd love to meet boardies so you definitely won't be alone :)

has anyone been to Kool Haus before? what's it like?

plucker
plucker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 11:45 AM Quote
Mememe. I am gonna be there (provided I can get tickets...which really should not be a problem at all). Kool Haus is alright, but it is kiiiinda in the middle of nowhere. It's near the lake at Harbourfront, which if you live in Toronto, you know that it is a bit underdeveloped, so transport is a bit crap and well, there is not much around there except a sugar factory, lol.

The venue is kinda boring IMO. Last time I was there they turned the air conditioning on though, so that was nice (trust me, it makes a difference). It's not too too big -- capacity is approx. 2000.

knl
knl Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 12:05 PM Quote
The Kool Haus is not really in the middle of nowhere. Even though it's located in a somewhat underdeveloped industrial area, it's still just a short walk from downtown Toronto; this shouldn't be a concern

It is however the wost venue I've ever been to, but I'm still going. Of the three shows I've seen there, the sound was poor at two of them, but the artists could be to blame. I don't think that'll be the case for Travis though. We shall see.

deemac
deemac Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:47 PM Quote
The KH is not the worst venue in the city...that honour goes to the Opera House, it is NOT built for rock shows. I skipped Plaskett last week because he was playing there. But it is only a 10 min walk from Union Station so it isn't too bad. and we can all travel as a group ;). I live in the city so anyone who needs directions, feel free to contact me.

I dunno who I will be going down with. I will be contacting Travis O'Malley and some other peeps to find out if they are going. But I imagine enough boardies are going that no one will have to go alone. That is why I posted this msg. ;)

plucker
plucker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Yay, got my ticket. See you guys there.

liberated
liberated Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
Just got my ticket! Yay!! Can't wait for the show :D

deemac
deemac Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
Dammit! I don't get paid til Wednesday! I hope it doesn't sell out before then. I will be one sad Canuck I can tell you. :(

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
See you guys there aswell! got my tickets today! WooWhoo!!!!lol

lvdemwings
lvdemwings Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
I'll be there. I thought KoolHaus had good sound I was there in March to see the Scissor Sisters. I suppose it could have been because I was at the stage.

I'll probably be going by myself unless the kidling wants to go.

Travis-O-Mally
Travis-O-Mally Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:10 AM Quote
Yes yes yes, I'll be there. Man o man I cannot wait! DeeMac if you need a lift I'll come get cha, i always drive to the Kool Haus and park across the street, $10, not bad...I'll be leaving early to ensure I'm within the first 5 rows! Guy's/Gals, i was telling Deemac that I went to see Keane there a couple weeks back, and the sound seemed improved...I saw Keane a couple years back, and it was atrocious, but looks like they may have re-soundproofed the place...Either way, its a good venue for Travis, as the Hummingbird center did not do them justice last time, so i think this one will enlighten the evening just fine...

eliza
eliza Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:11 AM Quote
Can someone suggest me a CHEAP way to travel to TO?
Round trip plane ticket is like $469. I dont have the moolah. I wouldn't mind spending a few hours roaming in the middle of nowhere in order to save money.

Thanks.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:24 PM