Travis

Re: If You're A New Zealander Part I
anace
anace Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 2:22 AM Quote
I'm staying home :P lol Christmas gets more boring each year. I have to go to my grandma's and see all those people who really don't like me and I don't like back then we come home. Well that's on Christmas eve. On Christmas I wake up really late and watch movies on TV. If it's not too cold (or I'm not too lazy) I may go out somewhere, but it's all pretty "mehhh".

I am, however, planning on sending out postcards, so I should *really* get to that. Yay procrastination!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 2:43 AM Quote
anace wrote:
I'm staying home :P lol Christmas gets more boring each year. I have to go to my grandma's and see all those people who really don't like me and I don't like back then we come home. Well that's on Christmas eve. On Christmas I wake up really late and watch movies on TV. If it's not too cold (or I'm not too lazy) I may go out somewhere, but it's all pretty "mehhh".

I am, however, planning on sending out postcards, so I should *really* get to that. Yay procrastination!

Aren't families fun? I feel your pain, everyone pretending to get along, and giving crappy presents. My family used to do this massive lunch every year when i was little, it was way fun but now we're grown up I doubt it would be!

oh no, i forgot about cards...meh

anace
anace Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 2:54 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:

Aren't families fun? I feel your pain, everyone pretending to get along, and giving crappy presents. My family used to do this massive lunch every year when i was little, it was way fun but now we're grown up I doubt it would be!

Oh yes, it's actually the fact that they all hate each other but are there pretending to be happy and loving.. meh LOL!

there's still time enough to send cards! or at least e-cards! lol

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 2:59 AM Quote
anace wrote:
kiwi wrote:

Oh yes, it's actually the fact that they all hate each other but are there pretending to be happy and loving.. meh LOL!

there's still time enough to send cards! or at least e-cards! lol

Yeah. Hate is such a lovely christmas emotion to share.

E-cards are so half-arsed! I'd rather not send any at all!

Right, I'm off to bed, was nice chatting

xx

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 3:13 AM Quote
I think the Argentinian thread should be titled the "we are going to post and chat in Spanish" thread.

You see it a lot because there is a fair amount of Spanish speaking Travis fans.

So I don't think it's meant to exclude anyone or to create some subgroup, it's just the area within Travisland Spanish speaking folks are using to chat.

But of course I still have to tease them (because that's what I do)- did you see my "If you're NOT Argentinian but you're OK with that, part XV" thread?

But about the "What are you listening to now?" thread....that seriously needs to go to messageboard heaven.

anace
anace Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 3:22 AM Quote
g' night!
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I think the Argentinian thread should be titled the "we are going to post and chat in Spanish" thread.

You see it a lot because there is a fair amount of Spanish speaking Travis fans.

So I don't think it's meant to exclude anyone or to create some subgroup, it's just the area within Travisland Spanish speaking folks are using to chat.

But of course I still have to tease them (because that's what I do)- did you see my "If you're NOT Argentinian but you're OK with that, part XV" thread?

But about the "What are you listening to now?" thread....that seriously needs to go to messageboard heaven.

HA I saw that thread, I liked the 'you're OK with that' part.
I don't know about the subgroup or whatever, I don't really care. I'm a spanish speaking fan but I adapt LOL and well since I'm not argentinian I do stay away from that thread.

ah come on.. what are you listening is nice... see, for example, I'm listening to a weird clicking in my computer that I don't know where it comes from!

ok, I'll shush and go to have dinner

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 9:32 AM Quote

I don't mind these threads I think they are a good idea, it's an outlet for fans who don't have English as a first language and it also means I dont have to read 200 fucking TRAVIS PLEASE COME TO PARAGUAY/BOLIVIA/ECUADOR threads everytime I log on. It's also handier on this board as can you imagine the size and space these things would take up on the old board??

as for the What Are You Listening To? thread, I quite like it, if I'm in the mood to listen to something different I always have a flick through it, I may see something I haven't heard for ages or something that reminds me of something I haven't heard in a while, so for me anyway it has it's uses and I for one will keep "bumping" it.

Thank You

Dubz

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 10:42 AM Quote
Yeah, Dubz, thanks to the What are you listening now threat I´ve rescued some not heard for long records, such as My Bloody Valentine, and I also get the chance to check out some stuff i did´n know about... i´m cool with that threat...

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
Anyway, I guess there are more stupid threats than those... I just don´t post anything and that´s it!
"Be water, my friend! haha

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 11:32 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I totally agree with you ;) In fact, sometimes I chat with the Argentinians although I'm Spanish, hehe.

And I love New Zealand and Australia. I want to go there before I die, seriously XD It's one of my dreams. In fact, there are a lot of people from Spain who also want to go there, don't know what it is. Anyways, I'm really happy when I see something related to Australia or New Zealand here, because that is not very common.

small shark
small shark Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 8:06 AM Quote
anace wrote:
pixiedixie wrote:
We are all from Travisland! :)

Spot on.

I'm not a Kiwi but you have one of the best accents around! I was supposed to go there as an exchange student but, uh, things got ugly. I still want to tho! I remember the uni I wanted to go had a pub inside. Coolest thing ever

ALL the universities here have a pub inside! At least both the ones I've been to (Canterbury and Victoria) do...

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:46 AM