Travis

Re: What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 9:06 AM Quote
My Physics textbook...can't wait for 2 weeks when finals are over and I can pick up a real book!
I'm thinking A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini or something Vonnegut

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
None...books are for people with too much time on their hands...I record everything I want to see and watch it in Fast Forward because I'm so busy... ; )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
I'm waiting to get my grades and find out whether I have to take final exams in december or not. If I don't, I'll start reading El Lápiz del Carpintero (The Carpenter's Pencil or The Pencil of the Carpenter) by Manuel Rivas. It's about Spanish Civil War.
If I do have to take exams, I'll be reading about Social Psychology and/or Analysis of the Argentinian Society.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I'm waiting to get my grades and find out whether I have to take final exams in december or not. If I don't, I'll start reading El Lápiz del Carpintero (The Carpenter's Pencil or The Pencil of the Carpenter) by Manuel Rivas. It's about Spanish Civil War.
If I do have to take exams, I'll be reading about Social Psychology and/or Analysis of the Argentinian Society.

Social psychology is what i wanted to study a couple of years ago when i decided to pursue my education but i opted for marketing instead as i had a business degree already.
Fascinating field !

nats
nats Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare by G.K Chesterton

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:13 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Social psychology is what i wanted to study a couple of years ago when i decided to pursue my education but i opted for marketing instead as i had a business degree already.
Fascinating field !

Yes, it's very interesting indeed. The career I'm studying is Sociology, so it's very related. We have some good bibliography along with some terribly boring texts. I love reading Erving Goffman, Paul Willis, Pierre Bourdieu...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Fascinating field !

Yes, it's very interesting indeed. The career I'm studying is Sociology, so it's very related. We have some good bibliography along with some terribly boring texts. I love reading Erving Goffman, Paul Willis, Pierre Bourdieu...

Bourdieu is super famous here...do you also study Michel Foucault, Paul Ricoeur, Derrida ?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Fascinating field !

Bourdieu is super famous here...do you also study Michel Foucault, Paul Ricoeur, Derrida ?

Yes! I haven't read much from Ricoeur though. Mostly Bourdieu and Foucault (they're key authors in my career). And I've started reading Derrida just this last semester, tough reading but very interesting.

Els*
Els* Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
I read the news today oh boy

About a lucky man who made the grade

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:06 PM Quote
reading Une vie (a life) by Simone Veil, a very respected and famous French female politician, jewish, survived Auschwitz when she was young, imposed the law allowing abortion in France in the 70's...but I am mostly watching TV these days...becoming a whale on the sofa...Hercule Poirot afternoons are lovely!!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
reading Une vie (a life) by Simone Veil, a very respected and famous French female politician, jewish, survived Auschwitz when she was young, imposed the law allowing abortion in France in the 70's...but I am mostly watching TV these days...becoming a whale on the sofa...Hercule Poirot afternoons are lovely!!

I wanna read her book - she's a GREAT woman.

Skinny in Parigi
lol

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
I'm reading "Psicomagia" (Psychomagic) of Alejandro Jodorowsky. I recommend it.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

I looove Hercule Poirot! Is it the one with David Suchet?

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 2:54 AM Quote
1984, by George Orwell... but I'm also getting ready for some exams I'm sitting for this month, so it's going to take a while before I finish it...

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 10:37 AM Quote
If I don't, I'll start reading El Lápiz del Carpintero (The Carpenter's Pencil or The Pencil of the Carpenter) by Manuel Rivas. It's about Spanish Civil War.

That period ended not so well for Spanish democracy (I think a lot of you know who Franco was :S), but it's part of our lives, and I'm really surprised that you have to read that book about our history.
And talking about me, I have to read for next week some works by Poe. I think I'll enjoy them XD

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:10 AM