Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
lilly
lilly Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:38 AM Quote
ok I don't have the time to read this whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this, but:

IF you're going to have that "ABC" in Chicago (or anywhere else), you should totally go and try what fans of Embrace managed a few years ago: a 10-minute video of a pre-concert fan-meeting made it in the "Extras" of an Embrace DVD.
I'd love to see you all on a Travis live DVD some day ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
The times I've been I've stayed with friends so I don't know about hotels but something near Millenium Park would be wonderful.

You photo taking people will like the bean that is in Millenium Park.

I know Brian has a free night or two at the Hyatt (or maybe the Hilton, whatever) so I would probably throw that out there- but only if it's reasonably priced for people who wouldn't be staying in a free room.

(note: I'm down with sharing my free room but clearly not everyone is going to fit in it)

LOL at the Anne Murray record. Our dance moves separately rock and together they will be a trillion times awesome.

(For those who don't know Moray has a move called "The Move" and I have a move called "THE SNAKE BITE")

I really think they will tour the US soon. If we're quoting interviews there is that new one where Fran says the US is his favorite place to tour.

The "what if we don't like each other" fear crosses my mind sometimes but I'm not super concerned. That fear is more about the boardies I don't communicate with as much. I figure we'll just see. I like the movie idea. I guess if someone suggests a movie we'll know that is code for "I hate you all."

I'm glad that Kayte has accepted there will be some Journey involved in the weekend. She probably doesn't know that I secretly dream of somehow getting her to sing Journey. Though I realize this would probably involve drugs and/or hypnosis.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 2:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I'm glad that Kayte has accepted there will be some Journey involved in the weekend. She probably doesn't know that I secretly dream of somehow getting her to sing Journey. Though I realize this would probably involve drugs and/or hypnosis.

I don't believe that . Kayte is punk rock all the way

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, and we have to go to a karaoke place so Anne can sing Journey songs.

Ric here are Kayte's own words.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, and we have to go to a karaoke place so Anne can sing Journey songs.

Ric here are Kayte's own words.

Dick Cheney logged in under her name and wrote that . I blame BUSH

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
You photo taking people will like the bean that is in Millenium Park.

(note: I'm down with sharing my free room but clearly not everyone is going to fit in it)

i saw the bean. It is funny.

Also, what do you mean we all arent going to fit in one room? The plan isnt to squish as many people as we can into one room and deal with the consiquences? :P

in reality, we need a series of ajoining rooms.

Oh i just realized that the rink probably isnt still going to be open if this is in April. BOOO! I want to go skating! We will have to find a less fun indoor place.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 3:21 PM Quote
Oh and Ric note I said she has accepted this, not that she'll enjoy it. I fully expect to see a look of horror on her face the entire time I'm singing.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
ok I don't have the time to read this whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this, but:

IF you're going to have that "ABC" in Chicago (or anywhere else), you should totally go and try what fans of Embrace managed a few years ago: a 10-minute video of a pre-concert fan-meeting made it in the "Extras" of an Embrace DVD.

waxing Darran's legs is clearly DVD worthy.
as is boardies doing kaoroke
boardies playing mini sticks
boardies eating pudding
boardies skating (or falling depending who you are)
boardies showing their dance moves
boardies making dirty comments about Chicago architecture
boardies making dirty comments in general
boardies getting *pat pat pats* on the head for being confused.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Oh and Ric note I said she has accepted this, not that she'll enjoy it. I fully expect to see a look of horror on her face the entire time I'm singing.

She picked a wrong time for her first drink

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Anne, I will gladly sing Journey songs with you because I think it would be hilarious. I hear at least one Journey song every morning and I pretty much have all their hits memorized without even trying. It's terrible.
It's tearing me apart, every every every day it's tearing me apart. Naaaa na na na na, naaaa na na na na.

I think I have just lost many people's respect.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
oh, add Moulin Rouge watching to the activity list.

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

I'm on that. So many memories, Twas an excellent weekend. Look out for me during the gig itself during Keeping for the big close up.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 7:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
oh, add Moulin Rouge watching to the activity list.

Anne will be happy.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:42 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:

waxing Darran's legs is clearly DVD worthy.
as is boardies doing kaoroke
boardies playing mini sticks
boardies eating pudding
boardies skating (or falling depending who you are)
boardies showing their dance moves
boardies making dirty comments about Chicago architecture
boardies making dirty comments in general
boardies getting *pat pat pats* on the head for being confused.

Wow! I think I will surely get the most *pat pat pats*. In fact I think I need one now ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:53 AM Quote
I see our agenda is quite full. Would we even have time to attend a concert?

Pages Previous 1...32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:01 AM