Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:19 PM Quote
i love chicago, nice city! i hope it's not during the summer or we'll be all sizzlin' hot hot hot.

audrey
audrey Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
I know I've only seen 4 shows....and had the best seat in the house in Portland...but Chicago was the best show by far...great theater...great crowd...and the band played forever...

oh. dont forget that you met me. highlight of the night, IM SURE.

hahahahaha. it was an amazing show! too bad they waited so long to come out afterwards, i really wanted to say hi!

xx

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:55 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Chicago would be plausible for me...my sister lives there. It would be so fun to meet everyone!

So are you the official organizer Lauren?

Official organizer?

I'm down with that. I'm also the youngest American boardie, I think (correct me if I'm wrong).

I thought I was going to have to pull people's legs to go for Chicago, but it looks like everyone's okay with it. See, that's the good thing about Travisland, cooperation.

And Nikki, I was thinking about road tripping the midwest. If they take the same route, then that would be Chicago, to Detroit, Minneapolis, down home to Kansas. It wouldn't be that bad.

Anyone care to join me?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:57 PM Quote
I'd love to have a convention! Yay! I kinda wish Chicago was closer, but I suppose we have to do what works best for the majority. Now I'm even more excited for new tour dates to be announced

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
Texas would be better. I'd have better babysitting (my folks), we could do 3 shows, Dallas, Houston, and Austin, and it's warm in the winter. C'mon! Let's say they start in Houston, then next morning we drive 3 hours to Austin and then the next morning drive 3 hours to Dallas and then 4ish back to Houston, good idea, huh?! And O'Hare is a bitch to fly in and out of! Think about it guys :)

audrey
audrey Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Texas would be better. I'd have better babysitting (my folks), we could do 3 shows, Dallas, Houston, and Austin, and it's warm in the winter. C'mon! Let's say they start in Houston, then next morning we drive 3 hours to Austin and then the next morning drive 3 hours to Dallas and then 4ish back to Houston, good idea, huh?! And O'Hare is a bitch to fly in and out of! Think about it guys :)

nah. chicago RULES.

midway airport is where its at. ohare is for the birds.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:30 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

Then fly into Midway... :o)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:38 PM Quote
You no kid having people suck ;) Here's my other argument, my hubby's military and the pay sucks, support our troops and let's do TX. hehehehe

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 12:24 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

I hate to display my lack of geographic knowledge, but my vote goes to whichever state is closest to Florida.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 2:29 AM Quote
You couldn't have had a boardie meet-up in Chi-town when I lived there, huh? ;)

I'll have to wait and see what the dates are before I make plans, I have to take extra vacation this year for a Wedding, so right now, prospects are doubtful. I wish I could though, it sounds like fun :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 8:18 AM Quote
I really hope they come back next summer. I cannot just pick up and leave college during the year. That would not fly with my parents...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 2:55 PM Quote
One other nice thing about Chicago is all the different transportation options. In addition to flying, there's also Amtrak and the MegaBus in the Midwest. My husband has taken the Mega Bus from Detroit to Chicago several times and it's only about $40 round trip. Chicago also has a subway once you get there.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Chicago would be plausible for me...my sister lives there. It would be so fun to meet everyone!

So are you the official organizer Lauren?

Official organizer?

I'm down with that. I'm also the youngest American boardie, I think (correct me if I'm wrong).

I thought I was going to have to pull people's legs to go for Chicago, but it looks like everyone's okay with it. See, that's the good thing about Travisland, cooperation.

And Nikki, I was thinking about road tripping the midwest. If they take the same route, then that would be Chicago, to Detroit, Minneapolis, down home to Kansas. It wouldn't be that bad.

Anyone care to join me?

I'll roadtrip with you Lauren!-but I will have to come home to catch them in SF if that happens. Chicago sounds great to me.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:28 PM Quote
I vote for the city with a band members name in it , San FRANcisco

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:30 PM Quote
good one! i'd vote for that too, ric.

if not, i'll be flying to... midway!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:43 AM