Travis

Portland, OR - 18Nov07
MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:03 AM Quote
EDIT: Sorry for the delay - it was a ten hour drive to SFO!! But I'm here and finally uploaded the vid:

3 Times and You Lose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUgHKZ1SGuE
(first time played live; sorry again for the distortion - it's REALLY bad. blame dougie.)

Love Will Come Through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHJoWj_DkQE

and still trying to figure out the zoom function so that's why i keep playing with it. sorry for how annoying it is. i'll be deleting these at the end of the tour b/c they're so bad it's like littering on the internet, but for now, enjoy!

Okay so I know I have no excuse since I can upload to youtube directly from my camera, but I'm seriously exhausted and have to go to bed. I promise to do so tommorrow.

Warning - I still don't know how to work the camera! I think the "mic" I was covering up wasn't the mic at all b/c it sounds the same even when I forgot to. So I think I have an idea now of what I need to "shade" to keep it from being distorted...we'll test the new theory out in SFO.

At any rate, I only video'd Love Will Come thru and the first public performance of 3 Times and you lose. So I'll definitely put the second of the two up just for posterity's sake,but if the first is crappy, we'll just leave that one for the bin! :)

Look for edited post tomorrow with the link. for now, bed.

Re: Portland, OR - 18Nov07
Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 6:13 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:
Okay so I know I have no excuse since I can upload to youtube directly from my camera, but I'm seriously exhausted and have to go to bed. I promise to do so tommorrow.

Warning - I still don't know how to work the camera! I think the "mic" I was covering up wasn't the mic at all b/c it sounds the same even when I forgot to. So I think I have an idea now of what I need to "shade" to keep it from being distorted...we'll test the new theory out in SFO.

At any rate, I only video'd Love Will Come thru and the first public performance of 3 Times and you lose. So I'll definitely put the second of the two up just for posterity's sake,but if the first is crappy, we'll just leave that one for the bin! :)

Can't wait to see!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 6:13 PM Quote
double post...sorry!

TRAVIS MEXICO
TRAVIS MEXICO Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:55 PM Quote
i would have prefered listening live 3 times and you lose rather than one night!!

ive just realized they have performed live almost all 'the boy with name', they are just missing new amsterdam, out in space and under the moonlight, they even have played sailing away

kazza18
kazza18 Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
All the pics you've posted so far on the tour archive section are excellent! Specially the one where Fran/Dougie are laughing, they were having a blast! Can't wait to check your videos on YouTube!

imkatatonic
imkatatonic Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:37 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:

Please, I'm dying for it! I was expecting them to play live that awesome song at Mexico... *_*

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 6:52 PM Quote
they're up - but they suck so badly i wont' leave them up for long. so take a peek if you're curious, but its' bad.

i'm going to walk around SFO today and try to video and experiment to get the hang of it. hopefully tonight will go MUCH better...*fingers crossed*

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
Oh, wow!!! this is great! thanks for posting! it really isn't as bad as you say...i've been wanting to hear this live since the album came out! did y'all have fun in portland?

kazza18
kazza18 Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:
they're up - but they suck so badly i wont' leave them up for long. so take a peek if you're curious, but its' bad.

i'm going to walk around SFO today and try to video and experiment to get the hang of it. hopefully tonight will go MUCH better...*fingers crossed*

Thanks for the videos! Not as bad as you said!
SFO is lovely, enjoy your time over there and have a yummie clam chowder! (What's the weather like now?)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 7:01 AM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:

Thanks for sharing those! Can't wait to see your SF footage. Maybe I'll see you in Vegas! :) What time are you getting to the venue?

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 9:25 AM Quote
No video allowed in SFO tonight :( so I got nothin! or else i would've tried for another take at 3 times...maybe tomorrow?!?

Vegas - I plan on kleaving PHX around 8am and hope to get to the hard rock around 2ish...have a nice lunch and then cop a squat around 4 to get "my spot". you? maybe we can chit chat in line?? :)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:59 AM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:

What camera is it? The mic is usually on the top or the left side of the camera.

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
Peter76 wrote:

What camera is it? The mic is usually on the top or the left side of the camera.

it's the new casio exilim 8.1mp. sad thing is i had the older generation of this camera and loved it, worked great.

this one has holes both on the front under the lens and on theback under the operator button thingie. the old one had a circular zoom thing and this one is a button, so i stilla m not good at a slow zoom versus a a chopppy jump *sigh* of course my camera would be stolen in the UK the week before this tour so that I'm having to brave it with a new camera!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:
No video allowed in SFO tonight :( so I got nothin! or else i would've tried for another take at 3 times...maybe tomorrow?!?

Vegas - I plan on kleaving PHX around 8am and hope to get to the hard rock around 2ish...have a nice lunch and then cop a squat around 4 to get "my spot". you? maybe we can chit chat in line?? :)

We are hoping to get to Vegas around 5pm...we'll probably come over after we check into our hotel, and grab a quick bite to eat. That would be fun to chat in line. Are you going to try to talk with the band after the show?

EDIT: I just called Hard Rock and asked when the doors open and about allowing cameras...the lady said doors open at 7 and as far as cameras go...it depends on the band. YES! Looks like there won't be any problems. :) Wahoo!

angelamcdade
angelamcdade Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
The vidoes are great...shame the sound isn't as good...I'm sure you'll figure it out! I was standing a wee bit behind you going from the angle of your camera.
Dougie is such a charmer..totally playing up for your camera. Very smooth!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:48 PM