Travis

Re: What do you know or like about Mexico?
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
pablob wrote:
paul_c wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
anace wrote:
Fine, I'll help you to keep it alive :P

paul_c wrote:
I know all their food comes in yellow boxes...

I don't know. I don't think anything I eat comes in yellow boxes :P and I do mean this. But maybe because I don't eat much stuff from boxes anymore!

Thanks anace!!!

Yeah, I haven't eaten any food that comes from a yellow box too. Actually I didn't get that post, quite confusing.

It was a joke. But if you need proof...

http://www.checkout.ie/images/magazine/2002-10/mp-ethnic-oldelpaso.jpg

JAJAJAJAJAJA !!!

(Translation: HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!)

JAHAJAHAJAHAJAHAJAHA!!! (Spanglish)

Battleship
Battleship Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:48 PM Quote
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

But there are a few thnigs I dont like, like reggeaton haha it sucks.

haha it does! it does indeed!!! But I think it's not mexican, it's from Puerto Rico or something like that. But it's everywhere here. That reminds me.. I was listening to music in my laptop here in my living room, minding my own, when my damn neighbours started playing reggeaton really loudly outside!! So I got up, plugged the speakers to my laptop and played We Are Scientists really loudly :) that'll show them

How about Christmas-y mexican food?? I have to admit I don't know anything

hahaha yeahhh its form Puerto Rico but here in Mexico reggeaton its the mode music and some young folks are trying to imitate it, dress like them, act like them its horrible haha we called them sureños in my city... do you know waht Im trying to say? many peolple here dont know about good music

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
Battleship wrote:
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

haha it does! it does indeed!!! But I think it's not mexican, it's from Puerto Rico or something like that. But it's everywhere here. That reminds me.. I was listening to music in my laptop here in my living room, minding my own, when my damn neighbours started playing reggeaton really loudly outside!! So I got up, plugged the speakers to my laptop and played We Are Scientists really loudly :) that'll show them

hahaha yeahhh its form Puerto Rico but here in Mexico reggeaton its the mode music and some young folks are trying to imitate it, dress like them, act like them its horrible haha we called them sureños in my city... do you know waht Im trying to say? many peolple here dont know about good music

Reggeaton SUCKS!!! Lots of people don't know about good music, I know what you mean.

Where do you live? Which one is your city?

Battleship
Battleship Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:08 AM Quote
Joana wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Joana wrote:
And by the way, what do you, mexican people, think of your traditionals "mariachi"?
They are absolutely great arent't they?
I always wanted a poncho!!lol

Yeah, our "mariachis" rules!!! You must see and listen some real "mariachis" but for that you need to come to Mexico, have you ever been 'round here? And in that way you can have your poncho as well =).

No!Unfortunately I never been to Mexico!!
I hope to go there one day...Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cancún...what do you suggest?
Y asi puedo tener mi poncho y mi sombrero!hehe

I suggest Xalapa, Veracruz. haha its my city! you should come one day or go to Veracruz, its a great port near from Xalapa.

Battleship
Battleship Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:18 AM Quote
tonybony wrote:
wow, chabelo is so famous!!!
oh and someone talks about julieta venegas, she is great, i love her. lets talk about mexican music, my favorites:
Zoé
Jumbo
Fobia
Chetes
Liquits
Plastilina mosh
Kinky
Volován

my favorites are:
Motel (they say they're influenced by Travis and Coldplay!!)
Zoé
Bengala
and I like some songs of moderatto lol!!

Battleship
Battleship Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Battleship wrote:
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

Reggeaton SUCKS!!! Lots of people don't know about good music, I know what you mean.

Xalapa, Veracruz! its a nice city

whichs yours??

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:33 AM Quote
Battleship wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Battleship wrote:
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

whichs yours??

I'm from Mexico City (Distrito Federal) and unfortunately I've never been in Veracruz but I want to!!!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:34 AM Quote
Battleship wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Battleship wrote:
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

whichs yours??

I'm from Mexico City (Distrito Federal) and unfortunately I've never been in Veracruz but I want to!!!

Battleship
Battleship Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Battleship wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Battleship wrote:
anace wrote:
Battleship wrote:

whichs yours??

yeah you shlud, its a great state, very funny and very happy, and xalapa its such a cultural city..

anace
anace Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:52 AM Quote
scummy wrote:
love their accent 'wey no manches wey no mames wey' xD

LFMAO! not all of us talk like that! Oddly enough, people in my city do. It isn't exactly the best way to talk so I try to avoid it as much as I can, but I do slip every now and then.

What do I know about Chile? Ummm football players! Like Iván Zamorano. I had a course with someone from Chile this semester, and last semester too. I think there are a lot of you at my school!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:45 AM Quote
anace wrote:
scummy wrote:
love their accent 'wey no manches wey no mames wey' xD

LFMAO! not all of us talk like that! Oddly enough, people in my city do. It isn't exactly the best way to talk so I try to avoid it as much as I can, but I do slip every now and then.

What do I know about Chile? Ummm football players! Like Iván Zamorano. I had a course with someone from Chile this semester, and last semester too. I think there are a lot of you at my school!

Yeah, not all the people talks in that way, although I slip that kind of talking few times a day =P

Chile??? Well, I know Isabel Allende, I love "La casa de los espíritus". I know what happened on September 11th 1973, but is better not to mention it. I know the dictatorship of Pinochet. I know you have a female president, Michelle Bachelet. And I know "31 minutos" even though I don't watch it because I know a Chilean boy that told me not to see it 'cos it's not a good show. It's basicly what I know... Hope to be ok =)

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 10:42 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

In Spain it's the same, hahaha.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 3:21 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
paul_c wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
anace wrote:

paul_c wrote:

I don't know. I don't think anything I eat comes in yellow boxes :P and I do mean this. But maybe because I don't eat much stuff from boxes anymore!

Thanks anace!!!

Yeah, I haven't eaten any food that comes from a yellow box too. Actually I didn't get that post, quite confusing.

dude, that's made in Texas!!! ahahaha

ever heard of tex-mex? :p

el paso makes the best chorizo ever!

Texico. Mexas. It's all the same to me!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 3:33 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Els* wrote:
paul_c wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
anace wrote:

paul_c wrote:

Thanks anace!!!

dude, that's made in Texas!!! ahahaha

ever heard of tex-mex? :p

el paso makes the best chorizo ever!

Tejas , but they're wrong the besyt chorizo in the US comes from Elko Nevada

anace
anace Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 11:48 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

rofl
I wish, so hard to get a visa when proabably all I'll see of the US will be Texas.. um Mexas.. whatever :P

The best chorizo is the one made out of soy :O

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:09 AM