Travis

Kwak Bang Bang
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:24 PM Quote
Seriously, there's a female, South-chorean table tennis player whose name is Kwak Bang Bang. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a perfectly normal name in that country, but I just had to giggle when I heard it :oP

Re: Kwak Bang Bang
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:26 PM Quote
Thats nothing . In my years working here i have come across WEE KOK and an african gentleman with the surname SAMBO.

Beat that.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:29 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Thats nothing . In my years working here i have come across WEE KOK and an african gentleman with the surname SAMBO.

Beat that.

Well done. I'll let you know if I come across more funny names lol

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:43 PM Quote
Having said that, I just read that in 1996, a Swedish mother was not allowed to call her son Brfxxccxxmnpckcccc111mmnprxcvc1mnckssq1bb11116. According to the mother, the name was a new artistic creation in the pataphysical tradition.

Huh??

Then of course there are strange examples such as Kal-El Coppola (Nicolas Cage's son) or Apple Martin.

And my favourite: according to Wikipedia, a man changed his name from John Desmond Lewis to Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel af a Monty Python character!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:47 PM Quote
LMAO I can just imagine him giving his name over the phone. The person on the other end would think it was a joke.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:52 PM Quote
But he would get noticed.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 2:05 PM Quote

I once worked with a guy with the surname Pincock, I also have family by the name of Peacock, I'm really hoping one of them names their son Drew...

Dubz

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
Google image search for "Kwak Bang Bang"...as close as they could get to that combo...I wonder if she looks this good??

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeders/kwak.jpg

My personal favorite (although not real):

Harry Ness....middle initial "P."

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 5:14 PM Quote
worked with a dutch guy whose last name was Dick

apparently loads of them in the Nederlands

mili
mili Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
A classic Finnish name joke is Anu Saukko (saukko is actually otter), put the words together and you'll get arsehole...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 7:19 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Beat that.

That is fantastically unlucky! I can't think of much worse.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 3:05 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Seriously, there's a female, South-chorean table tennis player whose name is Kwak Bang Bang. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a perfectly normal name in that country, but I just had to giggle when I heard it :oP

Yes, there is. But she's originally from China and got married to a Korean guy, so that's a Chinese name actually. But Kwak is also used as a surname in Korea. And Koreans and Chinese use quite similar formats of name, so her name is perfectly suit in Korea too, except it sounds really silly. If someone wants to make fun of their children's names, why not call Bang Bang?
haha~

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 7:13 AM Quote
mayfly wrote:

Yes, there is. But she's originally from China and got married to a Korean guy, so that's a Chinese name actually. But Kwak is also used as a surname in Korea. And Koreans and Chinese use quite similar formats of name, so her name is perfectly suit in Korea too, except it sounds really silly. If someone wants to make fun of their children's names, why not call Bang Bang?
haha~

A very noisy name indeed lol

I thought that it was a normal name... just a silly combination, I suppose.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 9:54 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
worked with a dutch guy whose last name was Dick

apparently loads of them in the Nederlands

Not as a last name:) Dick is in the Netherlands usually a surname. Kok on the other hand is a very common lastname, lol

sweetlou
sweetlou Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 11:33 AM Quote
irlean dover

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:24 PM