Re: New album soon?
Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:27 AM Quote
oohh
but that's too soon!! :O!

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
That would be cool. I think they are back in the swing of things. Having kid(s)/growing up kind of does that to you. I've had 2 kids in the last 5 years and believe me you have to adjust.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 8:26 AM Quote
new year. new music.
life is good.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 8:32 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Dougie and Andy told me the same thing in Hamburg. They promised it wouldn't be as long as last time :)

heey, dougie said we shouldn't tell anyone!!
lol nah, i'm joking. ;)

would be fantastic! :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:08 AM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
Lucile wrote:
Dougie and Andy told me the same thing in Hamburg. They promised it wouldn't be as long as last time :)

lol nah, i'm joking. ;)

Well, Fran announced it so I guess it's ok to discuss it now! ;) And the "secret" Dougie asked us to keep wasn't about the new album...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 9:56 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Sarah- wrote:
Lucile wrote:

lol nah, i'm joking. ;)

Well, Fran announced it so I guess it's ok to discuss it now! ;) And the "secret" Dougie asked us to keep wasn't about the new album...

Go on you can tell us... Andy's an alien? No. Oh, please tell us then! :) If you want to of course...

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:03 AM Quote
Andy told us (me and my friends) the same in Zurich *_*
And... My god *_* WAAAAH! *_*
So excited.
New album = new songs = new tour! *_*

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:11 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Sarah- wrote:
Lucile wrote:

lol nah, i'm joking. ;)

aahh, yep, you're right... i remember. ^^

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:45 AM Quote
So my prediction that The Boy was Travis' final album to a best friend the other night was totally wrong then... I thought it would be because they might want to focus on doing the family thing now.

Guess i'll eat my words. Mmmm, yummy words!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
Hopefully this will be the case. Sounds like the band is back enjoying themselves on the road, creating lots of excitement about their new music again. Creative juices must be flowing, and after so long out the spotlight after 12 memories, it'd be nice to see another album next year.

Not unheard of, after Ok Computer, Radiohead came flying back with Kid A and Amnesiac in quick succession

Or that the beatles managed:

Rubber Soul (65)
Revolver (66)
Sgt Peppers (67)
White Album (68)
Abbey Road (69)
Let It Be (70)

I think more bands should release their albums with more immediacy. I like my albums to be like a snapshot of how a band is as a group at a point in time. Sometimes if they've spent to long thinking about it, I think you can lose that.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Guess i'll eat my words. Mmmm, yummy words!

hahah xD!

Are
Are Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 9:10 AM Quote
mecarr wrote:
I Hope this album is out in March. But let's remember that most bands, including Travis, have made statements that an album will done in so many months only to have it released much later than anticipated.

Sure. An artist would not normally rush a work of art if it's not finished (unless the funding company - the record company in this case - puts pressure on the artist). So if the band is not happy with the result next spring, it will take longer time to finish.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 11:06 AM Quote
I'm looking forward to the album and i think it is the right thing for the band to do but i just hope they don't do it and release it quickly and regret it afterwards. It's a big thing releasing an album. They've released 5 brilliant albums, 3 of which are amazing, it would be sad to see/hear them release a poor record.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Hopefully this will be the case. Sounds like the band is back enjoying themselves on the road, creating lots of excitement about their new music again. Creative juices must be flowing, and after so long out the spotlight after 12 memories, it'd be nice to see another album next year.

Not unheard of, after Ok Computer, Radiohead came flying back with Kid A and Amnesiac in quick succession

Or that the beatles managed:

Rubber Soul (65)
Revolver (66)
Sgt Peppers (67)
White Album (68)
Abbey Road (69)
Let It Be (70)

I think more bands should release their albums with more immediacy. I like my albums to be like a snapshot of how a band is as a group at a point in time. Sometimes if they've spent to long thinking about it, I think you can lose that.

Don't forget The Doors! 6 albums in 4 years ;)

The Doors- 67
Strange Days- 67
Waiting For The Sun- 68
The Soft Parade- 98
Morrison Hotel- 70
L.A. Woman- 71

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
could be a digital release if there going to do it that quickly...

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:48 PM