Travis

Re: Paul McCartney gig at Roundhouse
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
Yea I thought it was cool , I opened up the thread , I dont have to say more than that.! I know a thread develops but enuf is enuf .If you want a slating thread ( and this wasn't one ) you should start your own off or go to the PM web site , even better.

So, just to clarify what you said, if someone wants to say some anti-PM stuff they have to post on another board?

LOL

Whats up with you? I said 'even better' . Of course we have freedom of speech , no question! .I asked for a bit of sensitivity , thats all, oh and respect for the particular thread . Funny how its regular ppl who are unable to give it. Your contribution in this thread is just antagonistic ,given the circumstances . Cart off Esteban. Go and do some living.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
Yea I thought it was cool , I opened up the thread , I dont have to say more than that.! I know a thread develops but enuf is enuf .If you want a slating thread ( and this wasn't one ) you should start your own off or go to the PM web site , even better.

So, just to clarify what you said, if someone wants to say some anti-PM stuff they have to post on another board?

LOL

Whats up with you? I said 'even better' . Of course we have freedom of speech , no question! .I asked for a bit of sensitivity , thats all, oh and respect for the particular thread . Funny how its regular ppl who are unable to give it. Your contribution in this thread is just antagonistic ,given the circumestances . Cart off Esteban. Go and do some living.

What on earth has me doing some living got to do with this? Come on, keep it relevant to to the thread, don't make it personal.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
Ok lets allow this thread to sink now. People are just gettin irritable... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/12-Hmm.gif

Re: .............
caljam
caljam Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:05 AM Quote
Late to the table on this one but Macca is the greatest living rocker. Saw him in 2005 and he blew up the joint. His last album has "My Ever Present Past" which has more melody in one song than most guys have in a career (except for Fran, of course). In Vegas he played blackjack at 4am and happily let fans pose for photos...no bodyguards! Never cheated on Linda, raised a great family and he wrote "Helter Skelter," which he performed at Live8 and rocked harder than all the other bands there.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:59 AM Quote
Yeah a real man of the people, that's why he charged €120 for tickets to see him play in Marley Park in Dublin, and before you start on promoters, if Billy Bragg can dictate prices to his record ompany then I'm sure Mr McCartney would hold a lot more sway with his team!! Or maybe he needed the money!!! I mean he is only a multi millionaire and so modest, he's waited 15 years before telling the record companies he wants his name first over his dead friend. Never Cheated on Linda ??? How do you know??? What you mean is he was never publically caught cheating on Linda, I'm not saying he did but I'm not arrogant enough to state he didn't when I do nothave all the facts at my disposal.

Just a thought

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 2:21 PM Quote
I like his bass playing during the Beatles era , guitar work top notch too .

think SHE SAID is the only Beatles song, whole band song , he didn't play on. so that rippin bass & guitar is Harrison .

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
George Harrison was the best Beatle. My grandaddy made him shoes =D

That's brill.

caljam
caljam Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 3:56 AM Quote
Well Scottish/Dubliner (wonderful name btw) I have to stick up for a guy who has been a major positive force for almost my entire life! Macca is my childhood hero, and I paid $125 to see him on the last tour and would have paid more. The Super Bowl was $275 when I went ten years ago (now its twice as much) and it was worth it. If Paul charged $50 there would be a riot for tix.

Just an opinion...

(aka Stand by your man)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 3:45 AM