Travis

I finally watched...
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:15 AM Quote
TRAVIS: Live at the Palace. After about a month or so of Netflix confusion (I think they only own one copy, seriously), I got it in the mail on Friday. I'm not sure which DVD I like more. This one was better than I though it'd be. I love the heavier version of "The Fear." Except during the performance, the camera moved around like crazy. I kind of got sick while watching it. I mean, it fits the song and the tone urgency of the song, but it was a little too manic in some places. I really like the cinematography of this DVD. The beginning shot right after "Happy to Hang Around?" scrolled on the screen and the camera kind of panned up to get a view of the crowd was awesome. I love how it was fixed so the camera would vibrate to the bassline of the drum loop. I really liked 'Somehwere Else," as well. So, in conclusion, surprisingly good and kind of a toss up between this and More Than Us. This just makes me want to add more songs to my TRAVIS dream setlist...

Re: I finally watched...
heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:41 AM Quote
cool. gotta put it in my queue! i hope i'm next in line. thanks, lauren :-)

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 1:13 AM Quote
So would you recommend getting the DVD. I've seen 'more than us' but thought it would be hard to beat that, so havent bothered buying the other DVD up until now.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I really liked 'Somehwere Else," as well.

Did you like Dougie's hips movements? :)?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 2:28 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
I really liked 'Somehwere Else," as well.

Did you like Dougie's hips movements? :)?

Uhhh... that might have been part of the reason. Alright, alright! Yes, that was part of the reason, I love his dancing. Man, am I so transparent?

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 4:01 AM Quote
Yulia nox only talks about dougie's hips!!!!
:S:S:S
disturbing (naa personal yisu...)
dougie talks about sweat
yulia about hips...
xD

jajjaa

well..
and that's it!
xD

cheers!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
TRAVIS: Live at the Palace. This one was better than I though it'd be. So, in conclusion, surprisingly good and kind of a toss up between this and More Than Us.

i pretty much agree...i took this dvd with me to get autographed at the dallas show and all the while i was thinking...maybe i should have brought more than us? but when i watched it again recently i realized it's a tie...both are good. i know i know 'how could they not be?' right? haha

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 23 Oct, 2007 9:33 PM Quote
el_gemelito wrote:
Yulia nox only talks about dougie's hips!!!!
:S:S:S
disturbing (naa personal yisu...)
dougie talks about sweat
yulia about hips...
xD

jajjaa

well..
and that's it!
xD

cheers!

baa...that's not true ,Twin!
I mentioned it because many people have told me "I love 'at the palace' because of Dougie's movements in somewhere else" xD!
Personally, I love the bit of the spoon on his eye xD

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 24 Oct, 2007 11:02 AM Quote
Its a great DVD , I love love love it. The Tour was as excellent and 'Happy to Hang Around' as an opener was just awesome with a long intro drum beat - and the lights part way through - it doesn't get better than that.

At the Manchester gig when they did 'Somewhere Else' Dougie did the best longest solo dance ever!!! unfortunately I was at the back at this gig :-((

He plays the sax you know .....would make a nice Encore.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:11 PM