Re: For smart people
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:13 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Where does it say anything about a horse?

Have you worked it out yet?

I know what everyone's talking about but I'm just saying that it doesn't mention a horse in it anywhere.

It COULD be a horse.

It could be any form of transportation that someone has called Friday.

AYe. If it mentioned a horse at all, the answer would be obvious, and it wouldnt be a riddley.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Where does it say anything about a horse?

Have you worked it out yet?

I know what everyone's talking about but I'm just saying that it doesn't mention a horse in it anywhere.

It COULD be a horse.

It could be any form of transportation that someone has called Friday.

Usually, it would so so if there was any transportation in it.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:16 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
AYe. If it mentioned a horse at all, the answer would be obvious, and it wouldnt be a riddley.

It could say that she had a horse and that she left on Friday ... then it wouldn't be so obvious.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:18 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

It could say that she had a horse and that she left on Friday ... then it wouldn't be so obvious.

I suppose it could, but it not mentioning any transport at all makes the reader think more.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I suppose it could, but it not mentioning any transport at all makes the reader think more.

Hmm ... I'm still not entirely convinced. I mean, cos they don't mention any transport means that the reader might not have to think about the transport.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:30 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Hmm ... I'm still not entirely convinced. I mean, cos they don't mention any transport means that the reader might not have to think about the transport.

Dude, seriously??!?! You really like to debate everything don't you?

She posted the riddle as is. Riddles are supposed to be vague and trick you, throw you off with words they use, don't use.

The whole point is to try and make you not think about transport and think it's something to do with time instead of realizing Friday is a mode of transportation.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Dude, seriously??!?! You really like to debate everything don't you?

She posted the riddle as is. Riddles are supposed to be vague and trick you, throw you off with words they use, don't use.

The whole point is to try and make you not think about transport and think it's something to do with time instead of realizing Friday is a mode of transportation.

Thankyouuu.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
This reminds me of the Movie Little Big League, there's this whole subplot with this riddle and at the very end the goofy pitcher played by Jonathan Silverman solves Billy's Math Homework and tosses in the answer to the riddle as a bonus: The Horse's Name was Friday.

Hehe.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 7:45 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:

Wow, text book case for an ed psych.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 7:57 PM Quote
I fear for this country's future sometimes.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I fear for this country's future sometimes.

Whyyy? Is it coz we is thick?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
Yep, Dee's right. Heard it before. Old riddle. =P

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 3:14 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
This reminds me of the Movie Little Big League, there's this whole subplot with this riddle and at the very end the goofy pitcher played by Jonathan Silverman solves Billy's Math Homework and tosses in the answer to the riddle as a bonus: The Horse's Name was Friday.

Hehe.

ok then heheh

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 3:22 PM Quote
Why the fuck did thick people open this thread?

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 3:27 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Why the fuck did thick people open this thread?

and why does stupid anyoing people like u read this thread????

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:56 PM