Travis

Re: will there be a 4th single?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 3:36 PM Quote
Eyes wide open is sooooo lovely it near had me in tears this morning (yeh im a tad emotional at the mo). I don't care what single they bring out next coz I know I will love it.

One thing I am disappointed in is that on all the Music Channels on Sky I have not yet seen the video for Selfish Jean, sorry actually I seen the trail end of it abt a week ago, but is that it? There are so many sh1t songs/band out there and their stuff is constantly on there, where is TRAVIS??? drives me crazy and I'm getting fedup searching lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 4:13 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
To be totally honest, i don't think it really matters. It's only a song to carry more b sides. I don't think Travis are going to release a successful single until they start promoting it more. Just doing the GMTV thing isn't enough. Get on those crap music shows, get on Jonathan Woss, get on Parky again, get on Ant and Dec's crap show. 7 million people watch that.

Or maybe they don't want to be successful as we've talked about before. If so, fair enough.

Yup, I agree. Although Parky is on at such a late time that I reckon most of the target audience wouldn't watch.
'Ant and Dec' and 'crap' ... in the same sentence?! :o) They're ace. Having Travis on at a prime-time slot would be great.

Haha. I actually like Ant and Dec but that programme is awful. They should get far away from ITV. They're much too good for that.

You're right about Parky but really my point is that they need to get on TV. They've been on radio a bit doing interviews and i don't know about you or others on here, but i don't listen to the radio. Get on Strictly Come Dancing. I'm sure the professional dancers could jive to Selfish Jean! :)

Anyway, i love Travis and if they keep making music, i'll be very happy but i can't help but wish that they become huge again.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 4:58 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I saw Battleships as the most likely next single, but whether a fourth single will happen or not I don't know. Didn't on the last two albums.

Eyes Wide Open is one of those tracks that, for me, has potential but doesn't deliver quite the power it could on the recording. Maybe if they recorded a single version of it, like bands sometimes do. They could change it a bit perhaps...might give an incentive for people who have the album already to still buy the single.

Also got a feeling that there wont be a 4th single, as you say there wasn't with the last 2 albums.

I like the idea of a different version of the song for a single, I'm sure that would sell more copies. Always wondered why they don't do it.

Reminds me of the Fear, which they played much faster (it was brilliant !) at a gig a few years ago. That was single quality, while the version on the album is not.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:58 AM