Travis

Re: The Lewis Hamilton Appreciation thread
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 4:53 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
A pedantic reply.

You are from my country, you may no longer live here but you are from my country. My point was about the the british attitude to doing well. As a nation its a very typical attitude to see someone who is doing well as being arrogant.I havent seen any evidence of this where Hamilton is concerned but if you can point out exmaples to me, iam willing to take them on board.

We have greater love for a trier rather than somebody who is actually achieving something. If he wins for the next 10 years then good on him i say.

I suppose that is fair enough, there deffo is an attitude amongst the people of the UK that it;'s better to try and fail (Eddie the "Fuckwit" Eagle) than try and succeed (Colin McCrae), again I can't point to any specifics but I do find him arrogant (my opinion), sorry.

That's fair enough if you are prepared to live with the consequences of someone domintating a "sport" for 10 years then so be it, I was just saying to the others be careful what you wish for...

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 4:55 PM Quote
Try reading beyond headlines :)

The quit thing : Being pissed off about the poilitics he has been dragged in to in a sport when all you want to do is drive is not being arrogant

Perhaps if driving is what he loves so much he should try somewhere other than F1, there are plenty options... it would mean sacrificing the glory but if you do love driving ???

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 5:09 PM Quote
I did find his comment about walking away strange. I would have thought if you had spent that much time heading towards a goal, you would want to fight for what you love. Maybe he just sees that as an impossible task.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 8:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

That's fair enough if you are prepared to live with the consequences of someone domintating a "sport" for 10 years then so be it, I was just saying to the others be careful what you wish for...

I quite liked it when Schumacher dominated for ages, at least you had a benchmark, whereas now it feels like maybe he would have already won. Anyway, I wouldn't mind, it would be the only sport in the world someone British has dominated recently!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 8:30 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

I quite liked it when Schumacher dominated for ages, at least you had a benchmark, whereas now it feels like maybe he would have already won. Anyway, I wouldn't mind, it would be the only sport in the world someone British has dominated recently!

When Schumacher was in poll position you knew you were safe to switch off the TV and head for the pub.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 5:57 PM Quote

I thought I'd resurrect this thread in the current circumstances...

I wondered if people all still feel the same a year on ???

Personally I hope he spins out and wins fuck all, the little prick has done fuck all but bitch and moan all season, mind you most of the other drivers are just as bad.

I'm gonna shout for Kubica next year, great driver and perhaps with a better car ???

Dubz

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
First, i TOTALLY agree w/ Darran and Dubz. i will admit he is a pretty good driver, but he is such a PRICK!

Second,
Give me examples of him being arrogant.

He said he doubted Ferrari knew more about F1 than he did! If THAT isn't arrogant, i dunno what is.

EDIT: i just realized this thread was from last year LOL! i still stand by what i said! and if ppl couldn't realize what a d-bag he was last year, i sure hope they realized this year.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:49 PM Quote

Stewards enquiry surely ???

Did Glock just move completely out of the way, is this allowed, has Hamilton won by someone elses doing

Dubz

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
I can't be bothered with arguing right now, so I'll plough on regardless, except for saying that it's best not to comment on races when you don't follow them. I'm not saying that applies to anyone already here, though I'm sure a lot of the country has got most of it's news from the tabloids.

It's fantastic to have a British world champion again and he earned it. Massa did a fantastic job to come so close and made virtually no mistakes all year, but Lewis ended up with just more points so he and of course the team totally deserve it.

Dubz, Glock was slow because he was on normal tyres on a sodden track. He would have let anyone through. It was incredibly lucky for Lewis that it happened that way.

Yeah!!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 9:09 PM Quote

Dubz, Glock was slow because he was on normal tyres on a sodden track. He would have let anyone through. It was incredibly lucky for Lewis that it happened that way.

Yeah!!!

Glock was on dry tyres from 4 laps to go when it started raining but this had not affected him up until half a lap to go ?? In probably the most exciting climatic race in recent time ?? Maybe I'm just being cynical but it just looked deeply suspicious and sensationalist to me, but hey what do I know.

Dubz

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah!!!

Glock was on dry tyres from 4 laps to go when it started raining but this had not affected him up until half a lap to go ?? In probably the most exciting climatic race in recent time ?? Maybe I'm just being cynical but it just looked deeply suspicious and sensationalist to me, but hey what do I know.

Dubz

He wasn't affected much at first because the rain wasn't that hard, whereas within the last lap it became gradually heavier until the dry tyre users were really struggling. You saw how wet Steve Rider was getting at the end (assuming you watched the 'analysis', it's not the most exciting part of the programme...). Being cynical is a very good thing, but I think on this occasion it's not going to lead anywhere.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
Me being cynical aint gonna change the result. So we'll just have to disagree.

They are all pussies anyway, wanna see real racers watch World Superbikes or Moto GP, the machines are nowhere near as close and it does come down to racing skill rather than stratedgy. these guys have balls of steel.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 10:55 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah!!!

Dubz

It didnt affect him because nobody challenged him.Had it been someone more experienced that Hamilton took on the inside line like that. He would probably have been put off the track.

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm gonna shout for Kubica next year, great driver and perhaps with a better car ???

Kubica is a great driver, but I hope Alonso can win the championship next year. What a pity the car was pure shit in the beginning of the season :(

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
They are all pussies anyway, wanna see real racers watch World Superbikes or Moto GP, the machines are nowhere near as close and it does come down to racing skill rather than stratedgy. these guys have balls of steel.

Dubz

Not sure about all F1 drivers being pussies, but bikers are certainly in another league of bravery. The racing is certainly more eventful but I've always preferred cars, I guess I like the strategy element as well as the close (it is occasionally, honest!) racing.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:21 AM