Travis

Best Place: you have heard a travis song played
jambut
jambut Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 1:34 AM Quote
for me, Anfield, Liverpool Under18s had jus beat Man U in the FA youth cup final. On my way out after "You'll never Walk Alone" and shock "closer" comes on over the tanoy was very cool. About two weeks before the single came out aswell got some odd looks for singing along.

Re: Best Place: you have heard a travis song played
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 8:30 AM Quote
What agreat place to hear Travis..though I'm not a foota fan myself. Thats what I noticed about 'My Eyes' - that there was no pre release marketing. I thought it was perhaps a different approach because sometimes the pre release marketing is so fierce that by the time the single is released its kinda played out.

As with most of their music, it finds lovely places of its own and 'My Eyes' wont get buried.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:51 PM Quote
I take it you mean apart from their gigs ? :-D

Every time I hear Travs on the radio brings out a big smile on my face and I can't help posting it on this board, you might have noticed :-P

best one was the time when I got ready to join a choir for the first time and feeling a bit nervous because it was the first rehersal. Just as I was leaving the house, SING came on the radio !

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:57 PM Quote
2 years ago, visiting Paris (from London).

We were looking for somewhere for a bite to eat, and the next place we passed was a pizza place (so French!).

I heard strains of Travis from inside and dragged everyone in. We were treated to the whole Good Feeling album from start to finish. I was in heaven! And the pizza was ok too, if I remember! :)

jambut
jambut Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 3:38 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

well obv nothing beats travis live

marcela_lm
marcela_lm Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
yesterday, at chillis, having some drinks with my friends, and suddenly SELFISH JEAN! one of my friend said finally I know who they are, and the other replied you are soooo out of the music world! and I just kept jumping on my seat and enjoying the song... nice scene

johnyp43
johnyp43 Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 9:42 AM Quote
At Jack Duckworth's house last night! While Molly, Tyrone and the cocky chef chap were involved in a case of "handbags"

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 1:02 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

Every time I hear Travs on the radio brings out a big smile on my face and I can't help posting it on this board, you might have noticed :-P

best one was the time when I got ready to join a choir for the first time and feeling a bit nervous because it was the first rehersal. Just as I was leaving the house, SING came on the radio !

Woah, that's really freaky! It's like they were personally wishing you good luck or something!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 3:23 PM Quote
Glasgow Barrowlands, 4th October 2004. The song was More Than Us and it was played by Travis

Nothing beats that

Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
I know that it's an usual place but...
I was in my car and I really really needed to cry... So...
I turn on the radio and... More than us was there.
They are always there when I need them.

bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 7:27 AM Quote
When i was in Ecuador, i was in a random little bar in a random little village called Iranguchu, and i was missin home, and missing listening to music that i knew and that wasn't Shakira, and Sing came on! i was the only Travis fan in my group, but i still got everyone dancing!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Woah, that's really freaky! It's like they were personally wishing you good luck or something!

yep it was very weird, like Fran reassuring me that's what I should do and get on with it... Sing! and so I did lol

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:14 PM