Travis

Adobe help
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:21 PM Quote

Anyone know how i can change a document from Adobe to something a little less annoying? I've tried saving it, then sending to Word but it comes out as Japanese, and there doesn't appear to be anything I can do to change it.

Re: Adobe help
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:23 PM Quote
It might be quicker to learn japanese hahaha.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:23 PM Quote
I just converted several pdf documents to word yesterday. Is the text being recognized? Have you run OCR on it? (On my menu do Document --> Run OCR)EDIT: actually it says "Recognize text using OCR"

I did that and then did save as and chose Word. Came out pretty close, a few words were weird.

Hope that helps.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:25 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I just converted several pdf documents to word yesterday. Is the text being recognized? Have you run OCR on it? (On my menu do Document --> Run OCR)

I did that and then did save as and chose Word. Came out pretty close, a few words were weird.

Hope that helps.

I don't seem to have that Document ---> Run OCR thingy.

Thanks anyways :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I just converted several pdf documents to word yesterday. Is the text being recognized? Have you run OCR on it? (On my menu do Document --> Run OCR)

Hope that helps.

Bummer. I have Adobe Professional at work so that could be why I have that fancy pants tool.

I'd say that's the problem though- it can't recognize the text.

I don't seem to have that Document ---> Run OCR thingy.

Thanks anyways :)

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
Maybe Abs could tell you..she's really good at it now! XD

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
Frenchygirl wrote:

Is she? Oooh ... thanks. Where is she when ya need her, eh? ;)

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Frenchygirl wrote:

Is she? Oooh ... thanks. Where is she when ya need her, eh? ;)

the "XD means" I was kidding..Sorry! in fact she's still learning..

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:54 PM Quote
Frenchygirl wrote:

lol, yeah i know.

mili
mili Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
Is it an Acrobat document?
I'm not sure what you can do with the Acrobat reader, but from Pro you can export the text or copy paste it to Word as plain text. If you have Illustrator, that can open almost all Acrobat documents. If the text is not outlined it shouldn't be a problem.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Frenchygirl wrote:

lol, yeah i know.

and how do you know ???

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
mili wrote:
I'm not sure what you can do with the Acrobat reader, but from Pro you can export the text or copy paste it to Word as plain text. If you have Illustrator, that can open almost all Acrobat documents. If the text is not outlined it shouldn't be a problem.

If I have a whatty? I'm a computer dunce, sorry. I've tried copy and pasting but that doesn't work. It's as if there is a restriction on copying the text.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:18 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
mili wrote:

If I have a whatty? I'm a computer dunce, sorry. I've tried copy and pasting but that doesn't work. It's as if there is a restriction on copying the text.

It does happen sometimes.
Have you tried "Edit/selectall/copy/paste" ?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

It does happen sometimes.
Have you tried "Edit/selectall/copy/paste" ?

Yeah, that either crashes my computer or is jumbled up when I transfer it into Word.

Nevermind, I'm gonna figure it out tomorrow when I'm more awake.

mili
mili Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
mili wrote:

If the document is protected or the text outlined it's almost impossible to get text out.
File/Document Properties/Security tells you if it's protected, and if you look at the fonts section, and there's none, then it's most likely outlined text (like a picture).

Illustrator is one of Adobe's applications for um, illustration purposes.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:18 PM