Travis

Re: Hello? (((echoes)))
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:32 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
By the way, Lauren...I totally agree that we need to spread the luv on this board! And I consider you guys my friends too! :)

Yes, spread the LUV! And I agree with what you (was it you?) said. I don't think the band would appreciate all the negativity. The best thing about a TRAVIS gig is all the fans you meet, it's so lovely. In Lawrence, I met a dad, and his daughter, and at one point the dad turned to me and said, "It's SO good to be around other TRAVIS fans, you have no idea!" It's about harmony, peace, and love. Sharing one common love for TRAVIS and the music they make.

Ok, I apologize if I got too mushy at the end. But I am so passionate about this band.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:34 AM Quote
I don't have time to keep up with a myspace or facebook page. Also, I have several friends who have blogs and they'll ask me, "have you been reading my blog?"

Uh, no. I love you but since we're friends and in the same place, can we just talk about it over lunch?!?!

It's almost an excuse to NOT interact, you know?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:34 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Who has a myspace here?

Uh, Celleny (Goosey) has almost gotten me to get one. I made her get a facebook. I like facebook more, it's more appealing, visually. I have made this argument one too many times... hahahaha. But no, no myspace for me, I might have to succumb eventually.

Really?! I think myspace is better cuz you can add all kinds of fun backgrounds, pics, videos...anything! I've been thinking about getting a facebook but I just don't see the point in having two...too much work to keep up both!

Facebook has a lot of new applications that you can use to personalize your profile now. Myspace just looks junky to me. CREATE A FACEBOOK! You'll learn so much more about me then I could ever post on the board!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:38 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Aww..too bad you're not on any of 'em! You'll have to get something up on YouTube of you singing a Travis song or something! I have a recording of me in my room with my geeetar singing "Just The Faces Change"...but I'm way to shy to post it :P I'm just...ok, lol.

I'll post something if you post something. Maybe we can just secretly send it to each other. : )

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe. I'm not sending you that one though! I just..I don't know...I'm not happy with it. I'll do a different song that suits my voice better...I think I need to use a capo. Most Travis songs use one anyways. Any requests? :)

nats
nats Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:39 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Aww..too bad you're not on any of 'em! You'll have to get something up on YouTube of you singing a Travis song or something! I have a recording of me in my room with my geeetar singing "Just The Faces Change"...but I'm way to shy to post it :P I'm just...ok, lol.

I'll post something if you post something. Maybe we can just secretly send it to each other. : )

I feel that im being segregated ;p

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:40 AM Quote
nats wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki wrote:

It's ok Nats! I was too busy gushing that I got left out of the Loop too. I have a question, how's the weather in Argentina?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:42 AM Quote
nats wrote:

I'll secretly send it to you too. Then at least you're segregated with one cool gal and one crazy mom. : )

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:45 AM Quote
Well it was lovely chatting with you ladies tonight. I am now winding down and looking forward to some sleep. Nikki, just sing whatever song you love the most. That'll come out the best.

Maybe I can get someone to tape some of Friday night's thing. It's an open mic thing for an hour and then us for an hour - hour and a half. Certainly at least one of the songs will be post-worthy, right?

nats
nats Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:46 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
nats wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki wrote:

It's ok Nats! I was too busy gushing that I got left out of the Loop too. I have a question, how's the weather in Argentina?

it was raining until yesterday or the day before... and its going to rain on the weekend...
:)

nats
nats Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:48 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
nats wrote:

I'll secretly send it to you too. Then at least you're segregated with one cool gal and one crazy mom. : )

hehe thanks! :o)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:51 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
By the way, Lauren...I totally agree that we need to spread the luv on this board! And I consider you guys my friends too! :)

Yes, spread the LUV! And I agree with what you (was it you?) said. I don't think the band would appreciate all the negativity. The best thing about a TRAVIS gig is all the fans you meet, it's so lovely. In Lawrence, I met a dad, and his daughter, and at one point the dad turned to me and said, "It's SO good to be around other TRAVIS fans, you have no idea!" It's about harmony, peace, and love. Sharing one common love for TRAVIS and the music they make.

Ok, I apologize if I got too mushy at the end. But I am so passionate about this band.

Oh my gosh...I know what you meeaan!!! My boyfriend likes Travis...but that's because I like them...and a few of my friends think they're cool..but no one I know really is in LOVE with them like me and knows all the songs and whatnot...so to go to a gig and feel that is SO amazing! In my review of the Detroit show I talked about how I was singing along to "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" with this girl...a complete stranger...but she just looked over at me and gave me a high five...cuz she could tell i was in to it just as much as she was. It was such a cool moment. :O) I know I'm a dork.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:52 AM Quote
Do you guys think deep fried oreos would be good? I'm watching this thing on the Travel Channel, and I'm ashamed to say it sounds kind of... good.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:52 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Well it was lovely chatting with you ladies tonight. I am now winding down and looking forward to some sleep. Nikki, just sing whatever song you love the most. That'll come out the best.

Maybe I can get someone to tape some of Friday night's thing. It's an open mic thing for an hour and then us for an hour - hour and a half. Certainly at least one of the songs will be post-worthy, right?

Ok! Will do!

Good luck on Friday! :)

Night!!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:54 AM Quote
Travis shows are just the best. I've found that the quickest way to get someone to become a fan is to take them to a show, and everyone I've dragged along with me has jumped at the chance to go again. There's just such a good vibe, and I think they put on a really fun, entertaining, quality show. Hehe, I don't often listen to the albums anymore (I go in phases! I haven't listened to a couple of my faves in a long long time, not just Travis) But I'd always jump at the chance to go to a show!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:54 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I guess I missed a lot when I was gone doing homework (damn you physics!!!!!!).

But I just wanted to add to the spread the Luv in Travisland Campaign. I can't wait to go see them in Nov and be surrounded by Travis loving people.

Can someone tell me what this "kitchen" thread is?

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:56 AM