Travis

Re: Hello? (((echoes)))
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
We should call it the passive aggressive board. :P

What's everybody up to that's intellectually stimulating tonight? I just got halfway through my Dragon Scale pattern scarf that I'm knitting. Sweetness!

Hi Dakota!!

I wish I knew how to knit...do you make sweaters, mittens and other stuff too?

I'm a beginner kinda. I've made a bag and a hat and lots of scarfs. I'm concentrating right now on learning how to do cool patterns and different stitches. I want to learn how to do cables!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Am I just daft (hehehe our English friend influence) or is this the first time you've mentioned being in a band, Anne? Are you the self-contained policemen. BTW, I have written that name down somewhere, I thought that was hilarious.

I love love love that you appreciate my Self-Contained Policemen name!! I don't remember anyone commenting on that so I thought boardies had the same reaction as everyone else, "uh...ok".

I've probably mentioned it before but not much since we haven't been practicing or performing. I do BGVs (background vocals). That is perfect for me right now because it's not as much pressure. I don't have to come to every practice and even if I can't do a gig they can do it without me. I'm really good friends with the singer and our voices blend together really well. We have a good time together. I enjoy getting to make up all sorts of funky harmonies.

We're probably going to record some stuff soon. She did an album before I started singing with her but the songs she has written since then are pretty different so we need to get at least a few songs down.

My husband is also in a band so there are two kids, two jobs, two bands, and three cats that we are juggling right now. Hence, why I like a musical outlet but one that isn't totally pinned on me.

AND braces.

Cool mommy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
I am not on any of these tracks (she's also doing BGVs) and as I said the newer stuff is different but still
I meant to post this above

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
Wow! I knew your husband was a drummer...but didn't know this about you!! Awesome! :D

By the way, Lauren...I totally agree that we need to spread the luv on this board! And I consider you guys my friends too! :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
AND braces.

Cool mommy.

Yeah, I think the braces lower my cool quotient. : )

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
Who has a myspace here?

nats
nats Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:25 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I am not on any of these tracks (she's also doing BGVs) and as I said the newer stuff is different but still

so good!
when are you recording?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:25 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Who has a myspace here?

Uh, Celleny (Goosey) has almost gotten me to get one. I made her get a facebook. I like facebook more, it's more appealing, visually. I have made this argument one too many times... hahahaha. But no, no myspace for me, I might have to succumb eventually.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:26 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Wow! I knew your husband was a drummer...but didn't know this about you!! Awesome! :D

By the way, Lauren...I totally agree that we need to spread the luv on this board! And I consider you guys my friends too! :)

I think of y'all as long distance friends.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:26 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Aww..too bad you're not on any of 'em! You'll have to get something up on YouTube of you singing a Travis song or something! I have a recording of me in my room with my geeetar singing "Just The Faces Change"...but I'm way to shy to post it :P I'm just...ok, lol.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:28 AM Quote
Don't Do it! Join Livejournal!

Hehe, or damn social networking, and go for the Old School blog, like me. Ahhh, the good old days. /is old :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:30 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Who has a myspace here?

Uh, Celleny (Goosey) has almost gotten me to get one. I made her get a facebook. I like facebook more, it's more appealing, visually. I have made this argument one too many times... hahahaha. But no, no myspace for me, I might have to succumb eventually.

Really?! I think myspace is better cuz you can add all kinds of fun backgrounds, pics, videos...anything! I've been thinking about getting a facebook but I just don't see the point in having two...too much work to keep up both!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:30 AM Quote
nats wrote:
so good!
when are you recording?

Not sure. It got put off because we are planning on working with the drummer from Goldspot and they were on tour (in the UK) this summer. Partly why we took a break. We need to get the new stuff down to have a more compelling press kit and so there was no point in trying to get gigs until we have something made.

Tonight was interesting. I think the break was good because we were all hearing parts in different songs that need some work.

I can't believe I've never talked about this before! I really thought I had mentioned it...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:31 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Aww..too bad you're not on any of 'em! You'll have to get something up on YouTube of you singing a Travis song or something! I have a recording of me in my room with my geeetar singing "Just The Faces Change"...but I'm way to shy to post it :P I'm just...ok, lol.

I'll post something if you post something. Maybe we can just secretly send it to each other. : )

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 4:32 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Don't Do it! Join Livejournal!

Hehe, or damn social networking, and go for the Old School blog, like me. Ahhh, the good old days. /is old :P

LOL...I love how blogs are now "the good old days." I bet if I asked my dad he wouldn't even know what a blog was.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:42 AM