Travis

Re: Stereophonics - It Means Nothing
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
That song sounds much better live. They've altered the end and it makes it much more powerful. I know that some people hate them but they are talented musicians and good people who always do their job as honestly as they can. I'm probably biased because I've been a fan for over 10 years but I will always defend them because they deserve it(and no, I don't have a crush on Kelly).

I'm going to defend them too cos I've been a fan for ages too! I do have a crush on Kelly Jones!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:50 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:

I do have a crush on Kelly Jones!

Oh dear. I suppose someone has to ;)

kevdundee
kevdundee Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 5:54 PM Quote
Stereophonics rock.
I'm going to see them in Dundee at the end of the month.
Can't wait.
It is a good song, and the othersi've heard from the new album I think after a few listens will be just as good as some of there more famous hits.

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
Quote:

I think Kelly Jones needs a severe boot in the balls, the man is a complete and utter wank-bag, a band who could have been brilliant (The Barmaid and the Thief) ends up singing insipid wet popsongs to teenagers with a crush on him.

Dubz
It only Takes One Match

A song you liked so much you even got the name wrong, nice :)

The Bartender and the Thief

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
I was watching them on channel 4 yesterday, and given that I hadn't heard any of them speak before, it was nice to hear the Welsh accents flowing out. Like when I first heard Fran et al speaking Scottishly.
Anyways, I'm going to be watching their new album closely as a maybe-buy. Sorry, Dubz, but we can't all rant about the same things :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
KevInSweden wrote:
Quote:

I think Kelly Jones needs a severe boot in the balls, the man is a complete and utter wank-bag, a band who could have been brilliant (The Barmaid and the Thief) ends up singing insipid wet popsongs to teenagers with a crush on him.

Dubz
It only Takes One Match

A song you liked so much you even got the name wrong, nice :)

The Bartender and the Thief

A litle pedantic, it's about the music not the title, well for me anyway.

Dubz

*edit* Alo I noticed that none of The Stereophonic "fans" picked up on that :P

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I was watching them on channel 4 yesterday, and given that I hadn't heard any of them speak before, it was nice to hear the Welsh accents flowing out. Like when I first heard Fran et al speaking Scottishly.
Anyways, I'm going to be watching their new album closely as a maybe-buy. Sorry, Dubz, but we can't all rant about the same things :)

Haha no need to apologise, that's your opinion, I may not agree with you... but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to say it. And who knows I could be proved wrong ;) (although I very much doubt it, hehe)

Dubz

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

Haha no need to apologise, that's your opinion, I may not agree with you... but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to say it. And who knows I could be proved wrong ;) (although I very much doubt it, hehe)

Dubz

Lol, do you ever agree? It's far too easy! ;)
I doubt it too, and you'd never admit it :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 8:16 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I don't know about the others but I had noticed, I just didn't want to come across as pedantic by correcting you :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:

Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I don't know about the others but I had noticed, I just didn't want to come across as pedantic by correcting you :)

Lol, excuses, excuses...
I thought you were being funny and making fun of the title, but I didn't know it was wrong before I read the rest :s
All it proves is that, as you say, you aren't a fan.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
haha, I'm not a fan but also not strictly true I do like the Word Gets Around album.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 9:49 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Touche

Dubz

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:10 AM Quote
I was only pissing about anyways.

Stereophonics started off brilliantly, 2nd album wasn't quite as good but was decent enough. The 3rd one I hated, though I didn't give it much of a chance. The rest have been ok, but I tend to get bored of them pretty quickly.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:34 PM Quote
I have the Stereophonics pigeon holed in my "Why the Hell do they still exist?!" category. They seem to have stopped trying to offer up anything of artistic merit and are just turning up for the paycheck and the free bubbly at showbiz parties. If they had a normal job they'd have been sacked for "Absentee-ism" around 4 years ago.

Other bands in this category are Shed 7 and The Charlatans.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:39 PM Quote
I loved the Stereophonics at first but have been going off them more ever since! I don't think I've liked one of their songs for about 8 yrs.

Useless fact - somebody who I went to uni with reckoned their dad was Kelly Jones' babysitter. He may have been lying though.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:58 AM