Travis

Re: looking through the bent backed tulips..
audrey
audrey Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 12:13 AM Quote
KevInSweden wrote:
Quote:

kev :D

eh. i just figure, when you start to lose hope in your dreams, its hard to get out of that rut for awhile. im working on it though! hope to talk to you again soon. :)

I think a lot of it is down to perspective too. Sometimes life can seem stale, things don't seem right. If you can just take a step back for a while and come back with a fresh perspective it works wonders.

Trying to figure out what I should do, I've wasted 27 years - I was gifted at one point, world at my feet but with behavioral issues.

I guess it ain't too late, nor is it too late for you at the age of 29 :) Just gotta keep moving along.

high five!

things will be looking up soon, i just know it! :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 1:35 AM Quote
audrey wrote:
hey guys. ive been absent of late. my love for the board is slowly deteriorating, and im not sure its repairable.
who cares right? i suppose thats the ebb and flow of the internet. old ones out with the sand and newbies in with the high tide.

I think many people share your feeling that something has changed on the board. It has been slower, quieter, and sometimes more negative than it was when I first started hanging about.

A few thoughts:
Perhaps it was so great for awhile when we were all united in our excitement over the new album and tour and that has sort of waned?

I have gotten numerous pms from people saying they don't post as much because they're scared that the thread will be mocked, criticized, judged, etc.

I think some people like conflict. I like debates but not when it turns into personalized name calling. Some people don't seem to know (or care) what the difference is. I am also amused that often when someone is called out for being rude they say something like, "oh can I only respond if I agree with you?" or "it's boring if we all agree". I feel like they're missing the bigger point.

So perhaps if we all try posting more but also try not to slam on other's threads that we find silly things will turn around?

I don't know....

audrey
audrey Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 5:05 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
audrey wrote:
hey guys. ive been absent of late. my love for the board is slowly deteriorating, and im not sure its repairable.
who cares right? i suppose thats the ebb and flow of the internet. old ones out with the sand and newbies in with the high tide.

I think many people share your feeling that something has changed on the board. It has been slower, quieter, and sometimes more negative than it was when I first started hanging about.

A few thoughts:
Perhaps it was so great for awhile when we were all united in our excitement over the new album and tour and that has sort of waned?

I have gotten numerous pms from people saying they don't post as much because they're scared that the thread will be mocked, criticized, judged, etc.

I think some people like conflict. I like debates but not when it turns into personalized name calling. Some people don't seem to know (or care) what the difference is. I am also amused that often when someone is called out for being rude they say something like, "oh can I only respond if I agree with you?" or "it's boring if we all agree". I feel like they're missing the bigger point.

So perhaps if we all try posting more but also try not to slam on other's threads that we find silly things will turn around?

I don't know....

i dont know either.
people used to actually have something to say on this board. it didnt really have to do with the new album because we were all on here way before then.
so im not sure what needs to change.
i think petty arguments are pointless as its the internet and i couldnt really give a shit about arguing with a screen, but sometimes i feel like thats the only thing that gets people talking in here.

eh.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 6:49 AM Quote
Such a pretty picture!

nats
nats Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 7:12 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Such a pretty picture!

great pic audrey!

how are you lindsey?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 7:39 AM Quote
Totally Agree.

I'm still around but don't post much, there's not that many interesting threads (sorry boardies), I mean I really don't want to talk about Hair, Who's Hot or oher Banal Shite,

I sorta miss Haz and Gladders (and Andy) being around while I may not have agreed with everything they said they still have the right to say it and it usually started some interesting discussions.

I think it may be the split system Travis Chat and General Chat, GChat was great for a bit when it cleared out the "Who likes Fran's Nose?" Brigade, but now it seems to have become stagnent, ah well, be careful what you wish for I suppose.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 1:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm still around but don't post much, there's not that many interesting threads (sorry boardies), I mean I really don't want to talk about Hair, Who's Hot or oher Banal Shite,

You don't have to be sorry Dubz, you're a boardie as well... ;)

I'm here since the beginning of August, so I guess I'm a newbie. 'Have no idea what the old board was like, so I can't compare it to the one I do know.

You're all saying that the old board conversations meant something, that people used to talk about important stuff etc. So I'd like to know, what does important/interesting conversation topic mean to all of you? politics/human rights/literature/art/emotions?
I'm not sarcastic or anything, just trying to figure that out. Greets:)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 1:57 PM Quote
Good question Megg.

I miss Haz too.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 3:24 PM Quote
Great picture Audrey!

About the board...

I hope that you don't stop posting. I know you've been around for a while and would hate to see another old school boardie disappear! I agree with Anne that things have slowed down here mainly because some of the excitement over the new album has waned and touring is over for most of us for a while. Although I've been a member of this MB for ages, I was kind of a lurker on the old board most of the time and just used it to get information mainly. I love the format of the new board, at least for me, I feel more connected to other boardies, which makes it a lot more fun. I understand that a lot of the older boardies miss their friends and whatnot...I miss Haz and his crazy posts too! But I just guess I don't understand the point of going on about it....if you don't like a particular topic move on and create one that's interesting to you! You have the power to change the board. ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Great picture Audrey!

About the board...

I hope that you don't stop posting. I know you've been around for a while and would hate to see another old school boardie disappear! I agree with Anne that things have slowed down here mainly because some of the excitement over the new album has waned and touring is over for most of us for a while. Although I've been a member of this MB for ages, I was kind of a lurker on the old board most of the time and just used it to get information mainly. I love the format of the new board, at least for me, I feel more connected to other boardies, which makes it a lot more fun. I understand that a lot of the older boardies miss their friends and whatnot...I miss Haz and his crazy posts too! But I just guess I don't understand the point of going on about it....if you don't like a particular topic move on and create one that's interesting to you! You have the power to change the board. ;)

Agree with you on this point :
I don't understand the point of going on about it....if you don't like a particular topic move on and create one that's interesting to you! You have the power to change the board. ;)

audrey
audrey Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
one person simply cannot change a messageboard.
thats nice you guys are so optimistic though. ahhaa.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
audrey wrote:

you threw in an Ah-haa reference on purpose ? Slick !

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 4:19 PM Quote
audrey wrote:

Maybe not, but you can be a part of the change, can't you? I mean...it's up to you. You're not the only one who feels that way.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
audrey wrote:

you threw in an Ah-haa reference on purpose ? Slick !

...I don't get it...Are you referring to my post about the band A-Ha a few days ago?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
audrey wrote:

i can only hope this isnt permanent. i love it here, i really do!

Yeah I've kinda had that deterioration going on since the new board. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:22 AM