Travis

Where's TWT ?
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:13 PM Quote
The new site isn't that new anymore, and even tho there's that q & a thread for teething troubles, not all of the issues have been addressed by TWT.

There are 2 ongoing problems that I can see.

The screens are often very slow to change. They can crash as you move from one to another, or as you make a post.

This leads to posts/ threads being done twice, as the boardie thinks their entry has failed.

Surely TWT is aware. TWT, please can you holler, to let us know you're on to it?

I spend far too long on this forum, as it is (as I am an undisciplined person who would rather chat online than do her job).

It would be really helpful if the screens could be speeded up, so I can go and be more productive the rest of the time, instead of watching the screen changing with fingers crossed.

(alternatively, if it was quicker, I'd probably make even more posts. Oh dear!)

Any thoughts, TWT? Anyone?

And I apologise for starting this thread, when the post could have been addressed in the teething troubles bit, but I'm hoping to raise even greater awareness!!! ;)

Re: Where's TWT ?
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:14 PM Quote
Hi Tonie !

How are you ?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:24 PM Quote
Can I also add the fact that sometimes, posts end up in the wrong thread, or get switched. For instance, I've switched posts with Abs so that it looks like she wrote what I wrote and vice versa.

Has this site been tested properly before it was launched by someone other than the developer(s)?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:28 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Can I also add the fact that sometimes, posts end up in the wrong thread, or get switched. For instance, I've switched posts with Abs so that it looks like she wrote what I wrote and vice versa.

Has this site been tested properly before it was launched by someone other than the developer(s)?

It's ok since we're flatmates
Due to these post switching, some boardies discovered they had language skills they didn't know they had !
Sandy is now proficient in french for instance

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:48 PM Quote
ahhhh that could be very uselful ! can some of the Italian boardies 'give' me soem Italian ??? :-D

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:56 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
ahhhh that could be very uselful ! can some of the Italian boardies 'give' me soem Italian ??? :-D

pronto !

prego

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 7:50 PM Quote

Yep, it's very slow sometimes, seems to be when there are a few people submitting posts at the same time. More often than not it crashes and then is a bugger* to get back into

* = this is a very geeky technical term btw.

Also, a minor point - for example, if there's three pages in a thread, and only one post in the third page the '3' won't show up within the thread so you have to go back to the forum page to select it ... if that makes sense.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Yep, it's very slow sometimes, seems to be when there are a few people submitting posts at the same time. More often than not it crashes and then is a bugger* to get back into

* = this is a very geeky technical term btw.

Also, a minor point - for example, if there's three pages in a thread, and only one post in the third page the '3' won't show up within the thread so you have to go back to the forum page to select it ... if that makes sense.

everything you say makes sense

kidding !

nats
nats Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Hanne wrote:

It's ok since we're flatmates
Due to these post switching, some boardies discovered they had language skills they didn't know they had !
Sandy is now proficient in french for instance

and audrey discovered that she can speak spanish ;P

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:45 PM