Travis

Tea and scones!!!
angelamcdade
angelamcdade Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 2:13 AM Quote
I know you guys are busy on the road but hopefully you will get a chance to read this. Andy's dad was my landlord in Glasgow 15 years ago!!! Despite his trying to get me and my then boyfriend Stephen to go see you way back then when you were glass onions, We could never manage to get to any of your gigs. So here we are now, living in Portland Oregon with our kids and we are going to see you live for the first time. Anyways...if you guys want a home cooked meal or just a cuppa tea and a scone, we'd love to have you over and meet the whole team. Looking forward to seeing you. Ax

Re: Tea and scones!!!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 3:03 AM Quote
Aww, that's so sweet! Fran does read the board but if the other guys do it's in secret because their profiles don't show them as having logged in in forever. I hope he reads it and takes you up on your offer. You could always bring him a basket of scones for their bus. You are also free to send some to me. ; )

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 4:33 PM Quote
That's really sweet! It's a pity you never saw them, it would be something to boast about on here, although being a tenant of Andy's Dad is pretty good going!
Oooooh, scones, I love them! What do you have on them, jam, butter, cream?

angelamcdade
angelamcdade Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 5:21 PM Quote
Jam, Butter or cream...it depends... If it is a plain scone, then butter, or Jam and cream but my favourite kind I make is cranberry and orange...that just needs a slither of butter!!
It would be great if they took me up on my offer. My kids have heard me harping on about knowing Mr. Dunlop for years, it would be kinna cool for them to meet the lads too!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 6:47 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
That's really sweet! It's a pity you never saw them, it would be something to boast about on here, although being a tenant of Andy's Dad is pretty good going!
Oooooh, scones, I love them! What do you have on them, jam, butter, cream?

I once heard someone at a cafe (the one you work at strangely enough) ordering scones with jam, cream AND butter. That confused the poor waitress.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 9:59 PM Quote
nice story :)

good luck with the meeting....and the scones...
what are scones?? :S

angelamcdade
angelamcdade Posted Thu 27 Sep, 2007 5:06 PM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:

Scones are a bit like an American biscuit but more cake like and a little bit sweeter. You can also add to the basic scone...like dried friuit, chocolate chips, poppy seeds and also flavourings like orange or lemon. They are really tasty however they are made!!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 27 Sep, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
angelamcdade wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

Scones are a bit like an American biscuit but more cake like and a little bit sweeter. You can also add to the basic scone...like dried friuit, chocolate chips, poppy seeds and also flavourings like orange or lemon. They are really tasty however they are made!!

nice!
thanks for the explanation

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
angelamcdade wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

nice!
thanks for the explanation

i want scones!!!
nice! with chocolate!!! hell yeah!!
nice story... i'm gonna cry now!!!...:'(
jajaja

well
good luck!
hope Andy read this!!!

cheers!! with tea and scones of course!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 1:45 AM Quote
What an awesome story. How'd you guys end up in Portland, Oregon?

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 3:29 AM Quote
angelamcdade wrote:
I know you guys are busy on the road but hopefully you will get a chance to read this. Andy's dad was my landlord in Glasgow 15 years ago!!! Despite his trying to get me and my then boyfriend Stephen to go see you way back then when you were glass onions, We could never manage to get to any of your gigs. So here we are now, living in Portland Oregon with our kids and we are going to see you live for the first time. Anyways...if you guys want a home cooked meal or just a cuppa tea and a scone, we'd love to have you over and meet the whole team. Looking forward to seeing you. Ax

"Anyways...if you guys want a home cooked meal or just a cuppa tea and a scone, we'd love to have you over and meet the whole team. Looking forward to seeing you. "....

that's just soooo sweet...
:)
nice persons...
have you some scones right now???

lalalala

CelliMylene
CelliMylene Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 4:06 PM Quote
I hope they read this! =)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 5:49 PM Quote
That's a very sweet story! And it includes scones, which makes it even better :o)
I hope they take your offer :o)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 6:38 PM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:

You sound like you need to go here. Nice pictures!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 28 Sep, 2007 6:40 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I once heard someone at a cafe (the one you work at strangely enough) ordering scones with jam, cream AND butter. That confused the poor waitress.

Oooh, greedy! That would be confusing, but only in the pricing up! Someone tried to order crab and chips once, that's the most confusing thing I've had (they wanted scampi, but got confused :s)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:00 AM