Travis

Article in Mail on Sunday magazine (23/09/07)
Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 10:20 AM Quote

I've scanned this in but the magazine is a weird ol' size, so it's not perfect, particularly the last text page (which is pants, basically - sorry!) but it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know (I don't think).
They're giving away a "Greatest Hits" CD next week, which features "My Eyes", free inside the Mail on Sunday.

Travis 1
Travis 2
Travis 3
Travis 4
Travis 5

Re: Article in Mail on Sunday magazine (23/09/07)
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:00 AM Quote
Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the large amount of scanning you had to do!

Lol, I love the pictures, very suave! What the hell are Fran and Andy doing?!

What is the reviewer one about at the beginning? It's a pity they didn't send someone with even a miniscule knowledge of Travis. It's goods they one him over though :)

It's probably easier to read the text from here, though the layout is a bit dodgy.

Oh, and the free-CD-next-Sunday article is here - nothing too different about that.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:03 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the large amount of scanning you had to do!

Lol, I love the pictures, very suave! What the hell are Fran and Andy doing?!

What is the reviewer one about at the beginning? It's a pity they didn't send someone with even a miniscule knowledge of Travis. It's goods they one him over though :)

It's probably easier to read the text from here, though the layout is a bit dodgy.

Oh, and the free-CD-next-Sunday article is here - nothing too different about that.

I forgot about the MoS site, I just assumed they didn't include articles from the magazine on there. They didn't used to anyways. Cheers for that :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:04 AM Quote
Actually, looking at it, that tracklisting is quite odd. I suppose they didn't want to give away too many of the new songs and they wanted some variety (Slideshow, Good Feeling). I wonder who chose which songs made it through.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:12 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I forgot about the MoS site, I just assumed they didn't include articles from the magazine on there. They didn't used to anyways. Cheers for that :)

I thought it might be easier - shame you didn't know that before, eh? :)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:13 AM Quote
Actually, looking at it, that tracklisting is quite odd. I suppose they didn't want to give away too many of the new songs and they wanted some variety (Slideshow, Good Feeling). I wonder who chose which songs made it through.

The first five make sense to me.
I wouldn't have put Somewhere Else on there (perhaps Happy to Hang Around instead).
My Eyes? Well I guess it is the new single but when it has only been out one week it seems odd to feature it on a free cd.
Side! Yay!
Three Times ...? odd. Very odd.
Slide Show. Nice to see an oldie and underplayed track on there.
Good Feeling and Turn ... yeaah, that's alright.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:14 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I thought it might be easier - shame you didn't know that before, eh? :)

Oh well. If I hadn't done that I might still be sitting in front of the TV in my pjs :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:23 AM Quote
3 Times is definitely the oddest, and Somewhere Else is a bit of a bolt out of the blue - since when has that been one of their favourites?

Good to see your using your weekends well ;), what's on TV, anything I might want to lounge around watching?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:27 AM Quote

Good to see your using your weekends well ;), what's on TV, anything I might want to lounge around watching?

There's Countryfile, Tennis, The Championship, Hollyoaks and House Doctor. Then a whole host of rubbish on Sky. Although I could watch Sky News all day I can't stand the Henman hype - yes, so he's retired, so what? It's not like he ever won anything!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:29 AM Quote
Tennis might be good to sit and mindlessly watch, but I agree that the Henman thing is fairly dull. I'm very addicted to News 24, my day isn't complete unless I've heard several breaking news stories!

cazman
cazman Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:30 AM Quote
thanks for that!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:30 AM Quote
Just finished reading the article:

Fran's take [on drug use] is, 'With Pete or Amy Winehouse they are on their own – we have each other. We look out for each other.'

As they hand back their shades to the stylist and pull on their jeans and T-shirts, Dougie says, 'Anyway, we don't get invited to those sorts of parties.'

Aaaah, Travis have an indefinable quality of always being so cute and loveable! So sweet and so true! You want to join their gang and have fun! :)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:33 AM Quote
Tennis might be good to sit and mindlessly watch, but I agree that the Henman thing is fairly dull. I'm very addicted to News 24, my day isn't complete unless I've heard several breaking news stories!

My day isn't complete until I've heard the BBC 'journalists' say "umm .. errmm ... uhhh ...the time is ... ermm ..." every 10 minutes.
I hate the BBC ;)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:34 AM Quote
I wanna know why they didn't get to keep the shades.

Plus, the first person to spot the "free" CD on ebay gets a prize.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:46 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
I wanna know why they didn't get to keep the shades.

Plus, the first person to spot the "free" CD on ebay gets a prize.

They probably wanted have wanted the shades, I don't think it's very them! The suits would have been good for an appearance on an upper-class talk show though!

It seems to rather negate the already not-very-large benefit of owning Singles.

I think they were going for a reasonable sprinkling of songs freom all the albums, hance the slightly odd tracklisting, hopefully to try to get people to get more than one album because they've heard good songs off all of them.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:13 AM